Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
To assist customers with purchased orders, stock checks and general information. Acts as a liaison between customers and AO Smith regarding specialty questions and advice. Process orders for materials or merchandise received by mail, telephone, or personally from customers or company employees by performing the following duties.
- Manage parts sales order backlog.
- Utilize JDE information effectively and efficiently while entering all customer parts orders into JDE
- Receive and handle customer requests and complaints via phone, fax or computer.
- Inform customer of parts prices, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer.
- Call customers when necessary to advise shipment delay and/or to obtain additional information.
- Check inventory and schedule shipment of customer orders.
- Follow-up on orders to ensure delivery by specified dates.
- Check and confirm, price and discount of customers.
- Confers with production, sales, shipping, warehouse, or common carrier personnel to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
- Compiles statistics and prepares various reports for management including replacement parts field information, cross reference and parts bulletins.
- Handle irate customers in a professional manner.
- Obtain customer feedback information.
- Participates in continued update and improvement of parts identification tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, e-mail and Windows.
- Responds promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
- Listens and remains open to others' ideas.
- Gets clarification on instructions.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Uses time efficiently.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Follows through on commitments.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
High School Diploma or GED
Years of Experience
Minimum of 3 years of related work experience or training
Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance.
A. O. Smith values employee excellence. In our employment practices, we will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or other legally protected status. We operate in a global environment and will strive to create a workplace where men and women from diverse backgrounds can thrive and achieve their fullest potential.