Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Jersey Shore Univ Med Cntr
Standard Hours Per Week
8:30am - 5pm
No Weekends Required
On Call Work
No On-Call Required
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Chaplain PD is responsible for providing emotional and spiritual support in pastoral care to patients, their families and hospital staff.
A day in the life of Chaplain PD at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
Participates on committees as requested by supervisor.
- Provides pastoral care and comfort to Palliative Care patients and their families. Charts all Palliative Care visits and attends Palliative Care interdisciplinary meetings. Ministers to patients' spiritual and emotional needs as warranted by initial and ongoing spiritual support.
- Participates in family conferences, including those involving medical ethics when appropriate, and to otherwise support and minister to the nursing staff and physicians as requested or needed
- Delivers the highest level of service to all patients, families and visitors.
- Participates in education programs to staff throughout the facility when needed and/or requested.
- Acts as a liaison between family members and staff during difficult times and situations. Provides information to staff, and assists the family upon the death of a patient.
- Provides memorial services and other liturgical/sacramental ministry through prayer, communion to patients as requested, emergency baptisms, etc., as requested by facility staff or family members.
- Handles special projects and rush assignments as needed, in a timely manner.
- Provides pastoral counseling and makes referrals as deemed necessary to other members of the staff. Supports and comforts bereaved families and anxious patients.
- Assists in obtaining services of clergy and ministers of various faiths and denominations when appropriate. Makes the appropriate referral to community resources and agencies. Additionally, insures appropriate spiritual care through coordination of volunteer network.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Theology, Religious Studies, Philosophy or other applicable major.
- Minimum 1 unit of Clinical Pastoral Education, with continued effort until 4 units and board certification have been attained.
- Experience in pastoral care in healthcare setting.
- Ordination, endorsement from a recognized religious body.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master's degree in Theology, Religious Studies, Philosophy or other applicable major.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.