Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 12,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Production Supervisor coordinates and supervises the daily activities and sets priorities for the production team. Provides technical expertise for complex issues and ensures effective and efficient production flow.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Achieves all production objectives through proper planning to meet production schedules and delivering high quality products, which meet specifications
- Supervises the daily activities and sets priorities for the production team
- Applies hands on experience in the fields of industrial electrical, mechanical, compressed gas systems, and production
- Maintains necessary records/documents of production work performed
- Effectively interacts with difficult and sensitive personnel situations using good judgment
- Ensures proper use of tools, equipment, and materials used within the production department, while maintaining a safe and clean working environment that will ensure safety of all employees
- Leads and directs work for team of employees as defined by business needs
- Manages staff selection, performance, development and training processes to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education : Post-Secondary degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectation.
Years Experience : 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Solid experience in production support, leading a team of staff members
- Ability to plan, set priorities for the team and direct technical efforts to meet targets
- Strong leadership and effective interpersonal skills
- Able to use judgment to identify and resolve day-to-day technical and operational problems
- Effective oral and written communication and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows software applications
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.