Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Part Time
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA)
Job Code: 10620
Pay Grade: US-B10
KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 70 years, KARL STORZ has been dedicated to earning its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical effectiveness.
KARL STORZ is currently seeking a On-Site Endoscopic Specialist (OES) to join our on-site support team at a customer site in Kansas City, MO.
Reporting to the Manager, Onsite Endoscopy, the primary responsibility of this role is customer support of KARL STORZ devices (including hand instruments, video equipment and OR1) within their assigned hospital while partnering with Sterile Processing Departments and OR team members
The OES-Team Lead is responsible for the management of various KARL STORZ devices in one or multiple customer facilities in the operating room and central sterile processing environment. Responsibilities will vary depending on the agreement with the account. Generally, these responsibilities will include taking the lead at a multi-SOES facility by running the daily schedule, interfacing with account leadership and reporting to the Region Manager, Onsite Service, the daily activities. The OES-Team Lead will also provide the same daily services as the OES including video tower / system set-up and breakdown, the inspection, repair, troubleshooting/replacement of KARL STORZ devices and transporting and cleaning of instruments after use. The primary market for this service is customers who are willing to purchase new instruments, increase manpower and drive down / lower repair costs. At its core, the KARL STORZ Onsite Services program helps alleviate these issues by providing instrument sets and /or an OES to assist in the management of the equipment needs insuring the integrity of all KARL STORZ endoscopic equipment. Managing the instrument sets to ensure top quality working condition lies at the heart of this program.
Key responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- The job responsibilities of the Team Lead, OES are determined in the negotiations for service with the account(s). As a standard the Team Lead, OES will work in the assigned account(s) Sterile Processing and O.R. departments with responsibility for inspection, repair (either performing or facilitating) and replacement instruments that are damaged, worn, etc. Should an instrument become lost or damaged through misuse, the OES will follow procedures and notify both the account and KARL STORZ. Tracking set usage, management of repairs and backup instruments are critical functions that the OES must perform.
Key responsibilities of the OES are to: maintain the instrument sets so that they are always in good working order and ready for use; keep repairs and replacement equipment expenses within a predetermined budget for the account; preventative maintenance on all KARL STORZ devices; troubleshoot video and instrument issues in the operating room; inspection of the instruments and document their functionality.
After inspection, the OES may assemble the instrument set and turn it over to the accounts staff for sterilization.
Under no circumstances will the OES sterilize any item or do anything that could be construed as placing the technician in direct contact with a patient.
The OES-Team Lead will also work in the operating room and may perform setup and breakdown of video equipment, transporting instrument, video, or inspection and trouble shooting.
OES-Team Lead frequently obtains surgical schedule and assigns OES' based on availability; responsible for OES scheduling and shift rotation; and creates surgeon preference cards based on information provided by the surgeon(s).
Supports the Region Manager, Onsite Service and Department Director at account with various reports (monthly case load, damaged product), site inventory, etc.
Coaches and mentors less experienced OES'
- A minimum education level of a High School Diploma; AA/AS or vocational certification preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of related work experience
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to work independently with little or no supervision
- Preferred background of surgical technology, nursing or central sterile processing experience
Working at KARL STORZ during COVID-19
KARL STORZ will continue to maintain a safe work environment for our employees. During the interview process, we encourage you to ask how COVID-19 may impact the role you are seeking. The impact and/or company-issued personal protection equipment may vary based on the nature and location of the role. Please to learn more about our response to COVID-19.
Employee Benefits Program Overview for U.S. Locations
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state of the art wellness program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks' vacation, 10 holidays plus paid sick time*
- 401K retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the employee's first 6% contribution
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year
- Fitness reimbursement up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
*Field sales, internships and part-time employees are not eligible except for where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not eligible to participate in KARL STORZ benefits program.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. KARL STORZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability.
If, at any point in the application process (including hiring), a candidate would like to request a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious need, please email us at Taleo_Administrator@karlstorz.com and we'll be happy to engage in an interactive process with you.
Notice to Employment Agencies
This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by KARL STORZ's Human Resources team. Human Resources will reach out to our preferred, contracted agency partners in the rare instance additional talent options are required. Your respect for this process is appreciated. KARL STORZ does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. Resumes received which were unsolicited by KARL STORZ Human Resources department will be ineligible for referral fees.