Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Security Assessor Sr - C
The most security-conscious organizations trust Telos Corporation to protect their vital IT assets. The reputation of our company rests on the quality of our solution and the integrity of our people. Explore what you can bring to our solutions in information assurance, secure networks, secure enterprise messaging, and identity management.
Be a part of the Telos culture and see what sets us apart! Telos offers an excellent compensation package with benefits that include generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and 401k. Our employees enjoy more than just a great work environment!
This position can be located inWashington DC, Kansas City MO, Fort Worth TX, or Denver CO and allows for a 60% - 80%telecommute benefit. 100% remote can be considered for candidates that live outside of the above listed regions.
Telos is seeking multipleTechnical Security Assessorsto join our team supporting a large Federal client. You'll join an existing team of assessors assessing a mix of cloud and on- premise systems seeking new or on-going authorizations. Our client is very innovative and this provides very interesting systems to assess with a range of new technologies, particularly in the cloud space. This position requires hands-on technical experience along with A&A experience. If you came to GRC from a technical background or have been doing engineering work alongside GRC duties then this is the role for you! We'll help you build on your foundation of technical and GRC knowledge by giving you opportunities to assess systems of all different shapes and sides, in the cloud and on-premise.
- The Senior Technical Security Assessor will serve as the lead for all assigned client security control assessments.
- The candidate will be responsible for the performance of security control assessment planning and execution in compliance with client policies and procedures with minimal supervision.
- The candidate will be required to conduct walkthroughs of the systems being assessed to collect all required artifacts to support assessment findings.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing all required assessment deliverables (including Security Assessment Report, filling out of all test cases, updating POA&M document).
- The candidate will have had prior experience working with a wide variety of technologies, be well versed in the current state of Information Security, and be able to interpret requirements of relevant governing bodies (NIST, OMB, GAO, etc.).
- The candidate will be required to interface with federal employees and contractors to perform the required activities.
- Additionally, the candidate will responsible for assisting in the presentation of the security control assessment status reports and findings to the client.
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience performing similar work for a federal client, to include strategic planning, solution development, FISMA assessments, and technical background.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology-related field, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience (6 years).
- Must have hands-on technology experience (Engineering, Development, or Operations).
- 2+ years of Technical Writing experience.
- 2+ years of Information Technology experience.
- 5+ years of Information Technology Experience (reviewing, consulting, or advising).
- 5+ years of knowledge and practical understanding of NIST SP 800 series.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience leading and managing assessments projects with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work towards strict deadlines.
- Security Professional Certifications (CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CAP, CEH).
- Previous experience with scanning tools: Nessus, Qualys, AppDetective, WebInspect, Netsparker.
- Expert skills in assessment techniques and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, interviewing, analytical and problem solving skills to address variable situations.
- General knowledge of industry security requirements, standards, and best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to read and analyze data effectively to write cogent reports on assessment findings with sound recommendations.
- Good human relations, communication, supervisory and time management skills.
- Writing sample must be submitted.
- The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements to access sensitive information, which requires US citizenship.
- Prior Big 4 (EY, KPMG, PWC, Deloitte) FISMA Performance Audit experience.
- Experience innovating and improving processes and technology.
- Previous standard operating procedure development experience.
Telos maintains a drug-free workplace and will conduct drug testing on all applicants who have accepted an offer of employment.
Telos Corporation participates in the E-Verify program. Therefore, any employment with Telos will also be contingent upon confirmation from the Social Security Administration (\\"SSA\\") and/or the Department of Homeland Security (\\"DHS\\") of your authorization to work in the United States.
Telos offers excellent compensation packages including salary commensurate with experience and benefits to meet your needs for today and the future.
Telos and its subsidiaries are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
Denver, CO 80225 US
Fort Worth, TX 76102 US
Kansas City, MO 64108 US
Washington, DC 20405 US (Primary)
Telos offers an excellent compensation packages including salary commensurate with experience and benefits to meet your needs for today and the future. Telos and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.