Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
At Eisai, satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing the benefits healthcare provides to patients, their families, and caregivers is Eisai s human health care (hhc) mission. We re a growing pharmaceutical company that is breaking through in neurology and oncology, with a strong emphasis on research and development. Our history includes the development of many innovative medicines, notably the discovery of the world's most widely-used treatment for Alzheimer s disease. As we continue to expand, we are seeking highly-motivated individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference. If this is your profile, we want to hear from you.
An Oncology MSL will, with a high level of proficiency, develop and maintain professional relationships with prominent healthcare providers and key decision makers as they relate to Eisai s products. The candidate in this position will provide presentations and enter into strategic discussions as it relates to medical/clinical, health economics and outcomes research data on Eisai products to healthcare professionals, including individual physicians, researchers, managed markets medical and pharmacy directors, hospital decision makers, formulary committees, consultant pharmacists, state Medicaid decision makers, and others.
The impact that a Oncology MSL will have to the organization include the following: a) as representatives of Eisai, a Oncology MSL will communicate key information about Eisai, the company and its hhc mission; b) provide key scientific and clinical information about Eisai s products when asked; provide a conduit for communication between Eisai Research and the medical community regarding ideas for future research with Eisai s products; and c) provide corporate value through demonstrated leadership and participation in strategic thinking.
1. Develop and maintain professional relationships with prominent healthcare providers and key decision makers as they relate to Eisai s Oncology products
2. Provide presentations and enter into strategic discussions as it relates to medical/clinical, health economics and outcomes research data on Eisai s Oncology products to healthcare professionals, including individual physicians, researchers, managed markets medical and pharmacy directors, hospital decision-makers, formulary committees, consultant pharmacists, state Medicaid decision-makers, and others.
3. Assume a leadership role by teaching, coaching and mentoring new hire and/or less experienced MSLs and by assuming responsibility for special projects as they arise.
* Advanced terminal degree in medical/biosciences (e.g M.D., PhD, PharmD)
* Minimum of 1 year of MSL experience in Oncology, preferably in Solid Tumors
* Position will cover (OH, IN, MI, WV territory)
* Disease state management knowledge in Oncology
* Strong broad-based scientific and pharmaceutical knowledge as well as excellent presentation and teaching skills
* Strong overall written and verbal communication skills
* Comfortable and confident speaking about drug information/disease state management
* Understanding of the pharmaceutical corporate environment and appreciation for Commercial Operations, including Marketing and Sales strategies
* Understanding of the role and contributions provided by Medical Science Liaisons & Medical and Scientific Affairs
* Ability to lead and motivate team members without a direct reporting relationship
* Established relationships with key opinion leaders in therapeutic areas of interest
* Demonstrated ability to assess issues and think strategically
GOOD TO KNOW
* Sound computer skills including applications for word processing, producing slide materials and working with spreadsheets
* Clinical research/drug development experience
* Clinical pharmacy experience
Eisai is an equal opportunity employer and as such, is committed in policy and in practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Similarly, considering the need for reasonable accommodations, Eisai prohibits discrimination against persons because of disability, including disabled veterans.
Eisai Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of all new hires in the United States. Please click on the following link for more information:
Right To Work