A company in DeForest, WI is looking for a Lead CNC Machinist for a 1st shift full-time opportunity.
- Set up, and operate Index CNC machines
- Download and upload programs into machine and make programming adjustments as needed.
- Make the necessary adjustments to offset coordinates to compensate for materials, tooling or machine center conditions and perform advanced troubleshooting and make appropriate adjustments.
- Work with supervisor, programmer & support teams to resolve problem situations as required.
- Set up and verify preset gauges for proper calibration as required.
- MUST have experience with Index CNC machines.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience, and knowledge of machining principles and methods for CNC machine tools required.
- Advanced skill in reading and interpreting blueprints and work instructions required.
- Strong proficiency programming from a blueprint using g-code and m-code.
You should be proficient in:
- Blueprint Reading
- Production Setups
- Shop Math
- Program Adjustments
- Mechanical Troubleshooting
- PLC Troubleshooting
- PLC Programming
- Quality Inspection
- Multi-Axis Machining
- First Article Inspection
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- CNC Lathes
- Manual Gauges & Calipers
- Swiss CNC Machines
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
Brands you'll work with:
Materials you'll work with: