Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Location: Mount Vernon, WA, US
Company: PACCAR Requisition Summary
The PACCAR Technical Center is looking for an engineering intern interested in performing structural evaluations using Finite Element Analysis (FEA), and optimizing heavy-truck vehicle dynamics through simulation and test methods. Division Information
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington. Company Information
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started! Job Functions / Responsibilities
Some potential projects that this intern will work on are:
* Pre-processing CAD geometry for desired FEA analyses
* Preparing and solving simulation models
* Post-processing and reporting simulation results
* Writing technical reports to document models and results
* Creating full-vehicle simulation models from component databases
* Automating simulation model build processes and data analysis
* Conduct vehicle dynamics testing to correlate with simulation results
* Strong computer skills
* Intellectual curiosity and motivation to learn, innovate, and achieve results
* Excellent technical, communication, and team skills
* Ability to manage dynamic workload with flexibility and multi-tasking
* Fundamental knowledge of mechanics of materials
* The ability to understand physical systems and formulate test methods and simulation models to characterize those systems
* Familiarity with analytical tools is preferred (examples: MATLAB/Simulink, Hyperworks, Tcl/Tk)
This position requires a minimum Junior (3rd-year) standing toward a BSME or equivalent degree in a related major. Additional Job Board Information
If you would like more information about what makes PACCAR an excellent place to work, please visit the PACCAR Career Site.
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Everett
Job Segment: Intern, Engineer, CAD, Developer, Drafting, Entry Level, Engineering, Technology