Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
WellSky is seeking a top-notch DBA to join our team. You will have impact on the users of our solutions, mainly doctors, nurses, and others on the front lines of healthcare and community services. Your hard work will touch the lives of real people and families navigating life and death issues with the support of our solutions. We seek to build purpose-driven teams where comradery and compassion are coupled with a dogged pursuit of excellence.
A day in the life*
You will be responsible for:
* Builds, designs and documents database scheme, tables, procedures, permissions and database architectures. Implements and maintains database security and encryption
* Analyzes system requirements or specifications, translates them into actionable work units for the team to conceptualizes and develop high quality database schema designs, stored procedures, SQL, or non-SQL code using the established standards and best practices
* Work with Business Intelligence teams in designing/enhancing multi-TB data warehouses and supporting ETL processes keeping data volume, work load and performance implications in mind.
* Assesses malfunctions of databases and software applications to determine appropriate actions to maintain computer, network, and database operations
* Responsible for proofing code, queries, or other actions to ensure quality and alignment to standards and best practices
* Performs the duties to create and maintain SQL clustering, mirroring, replication and failover, including performing and documentation of disaster recovery functions
* Performs maintenance operations daily, weekly and monthly on SQL servers and databases, and information systems to ensure efficient program operations
* Performs database backups and restorations, and recovers corrupted databases
* Work with development team to coordinate new data development ensuring consistency and integration and evaluates and recommends new database technologies
* Monitor the databases and jobs to ensure minimum downtime
* Troubleshoot SQL database performance issues
* Work with DBAs to optimize all database objects, stored procedures, tables, views, triggers, indexes, user-defined functions and SSIS packages
* Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information and complies with HIPAA and other privacy and security practices and all required regulatory controls in accordance with NIST Cyber Security Framework, FIPS, 45 CFR 160 and 164 as required.
Do you have what it takes*
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent experience, preferred majors are Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems/Decision Sciences, Mathematics, Sciences, or other STEM related majors.
* At least 5 years hands-on experience with SQL Server 2014 and above including design, programming and administration.
* At least 3 years hands on experience monitoring and tuning multi-tenant database in high availability and high-volume web-based environments
* Experience with Postgre sql
* Knowledge of NOSQL databases like: MongoDB, Redis, DynamoDB, etc.
* Has at least 3 years hands on experience working in a DevOps / SRE environment
* Experience with cloud technology providers Azure or AWS
* At least 3 years hands on operational experience with strong understanding of database structures, data modeling, database schema design, database administration, principles and practices
* At least 3 years hands on data lake & data warehouse experience
Do you stand above the rest*
* Strong demonstrable evidence of advanced knowledge/expertise or hands on experience with SQL or noSQL design tools, ETL and data transformation technologies
* Strong demonstrable evidence of Agile (Scrum) development experience and technical estimation skills with web applications
* Healthcare Industry experience
WellSky is a technology company advancing human wellness worldwide. Our software and professional services address the continuum of health and social care - helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. A portfolio company of TPG Capital, WellSky serves more than 10,000 customer sites around the world - including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, home health and hospice franchises, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 30 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care s potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world. For more information, visit www.WellSky.com.
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.