Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Citizenship: Must be a US Citizen
Clearance Required: Subject to a security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to a secure government network environment and information
Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) is a global technical enterprise, leading the discovery, development, and integration of affordable warfighting technologies for our air, space, and cyberspace force. With a workforce of more than 10,000 across nine technical directorates and 40 other operations across the globe, the Air Force Research Laboratory provides a diverse portfolio of science and technology that range from fundamentally to advanced research and technology development.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Research and development of microfluidic flow of nanoparticles within a polymer based electro-optic structure.
* Perform research to develop materials areas noted below, independently and in conjunction with other research team members, senior scientists, and government program leaders.
* Participate in day-to-day materials lab operation, including prepping, conducting, and analyzing experiments as well all as ancillary tasks - lab space and equipment care.
* Collaborate with research partners to prepare and submit publications in peer reviewed journals and other relevant spaces.
* Prepare presentations covering research plans, progress, and accomplishments for internal (government) and external consumption including at relevant industry conferences.
* Interface with people from various backgrounds, including government, military and civilian counterparts.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills
* Recent PhD (0-2 years); Materials Engineering/Chemical Engineering/Chemistry is highly preferred.
* Advanced knowledge of:
* Nanoparticles (e.g. quantum dots, gold nanorods)
* Polymers/elastomers, including active/responsive material
* Experience in design and production process for microfluidic structures.
* Advanced understanding of synthesis/characterization of nanoparticles.
* Must be familiar with electronics (electrochemistry), polymer materials, colloids, photo physics.
* Must know MS Office suite on an intermediate level.
* Experience with COMSOL is desirable.
* Experience with optoelectronics is highly preferred.
* Must be able to operate and maintain good working conditions in the lab in the absence of the lead scientist.
Physical Requirements / Travel
* Normal office environment.
* Some travel will be required, primarily CONUS, 5-10% of the time but occasionally more frequently.
Azimuth is an award-winning Woman Owned Small Business specializing in providing research and development and professional services support to the federal government. Azimuth's agility, customer driven approach and our commitment to our employees allows us to meet and exceed our client goals. Excellence, Integrity, Accountability, Community and Humility are the core values of Azimuth as we continue to strive as a recognized leader in the management consulting community that both federal agencies and industry partners value doing business with. We are an organization that offers both our employees and clients an exceptional experience; our culture will be contagious, while always maintaining a genuine reputation.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Azimuth Corporation does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.