Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Lead Android Software Engineer
- Job ID #:85109
- Functional Area:Engineering
- Facility:Regional Office
- Relocation Provided:No
- Education Required:Bachelors Degree
- Experience Required:3 - 5 Years
- Travel Percent:0.00
Motorola Mobility, a Lenovo Company is one of the world's fastest growing smartphone providers, creating groundbreaking, affordable, high-quality products designed and built with the global customer in mind. And it's our people who make this all happen. We are thinkers, risk-takers and problem solvers, working together to constantly challenge the status quo. If you share our commitment to ingenuity, creativity and innovation, we want you to help us define our world of tomorrow. Explore the opportunities and apply today.
About Our Team
This is an exciting leadership opportunity to join Motorola's Common Camera Software team in the heart of downtown Chicago! Our world-class Multimedia Camera engineers are passionate about making the Motorola camera experience the industry's best.
The Common Camera team is responsible for the imaging and video experience of Motorola's mobile devices. We dive deep into Android's camera stack, image/video processing and multimedia software systems to deliver a cutting edge consumer valued camera experience across all tiers of mobile devices. We work closely with product management, app developers, image quality experts, hardware and factory partner teams to deliver industry leading camera software and experiences.
What You'll Do
Beginning with your strong command of developing software solutions for Android, you will quickly grow to become a subject matter expert on Android's Camera development framework. This expertise on APIs, tools and best practices will enable you to architect, design, develop, integrate, stabilize, optimize and ship common camera software to support millions of customers across the globe. We need bright, innovative, self starters who document, communicate and code with high proficiency. You will:
* Assess and improve the camera platform design of Motorola products and platforms
* Drive improvement of technologies enhancing quality, performance, and experiences
* Collaborate with external teams to ensure effective and timely development and integration of new features and experiences
* BS degree in CS, CE, or related engineering discipline
* 3+ years demonstrated industry experience with developing Android solutions
* Proficient with Java and Kotlin
* Proven strategic thinking and planning skills
* System architecture and design experience
* Ability to lead and mentor
* Strong documentation, communication and interpersonal skills
* Proven ability to collaborate with multifunctional global teams
* Comfortable with Android Studio and Agile Processes
* MS in CS, CE or related engineering discipline preferred
* Android Camera2 API development experience
* Multimedia/image processing software development experience
* Linux, C and C++
* Experience implementing design patterns with strong algorithmic, data structure, and object oriented programming skills
* Working Knowledge of OpenCL and OpenGL ES
* Hands on experience with AI and Machine Learning
* Familiarity with Git, Gerrit, and Jira
* 2+ years of technical leadership experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. .