Posted in Manufacturing 27 days ago.
Job ID: 17670
The Purchasing Manager is responsible to staff and equip the department to execute effectively and timely on all tactical purchasing activities as outlined below. Responsibilities also include any and all duties typical of a management role including training, monitoring performance, performance reviews, discipline, work assignments, timecard and PTO administration.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
• Ensure material availability requirements (to meet corporate goals) are met, which includes transit to factory and resolution of issues that prevent the receipt and/or passage to inventory.
• Review MRP demand information and execute purchase orders in compliance to material availability and inventory turns requirements.
• Establish and manage supplier stocking agreements, which will always require a monthly bond review with supplier, and an annual review plan to qualify renewal.
• Timely disposition of nonconforming material as prescribed in ISO QP-830.
• Administration and maintenance of the Avnet POURS web-based inventory system.
• Execution of the ABC inventory management philosophy as prescribed by AMETEK Management.
• Timely and accurate assignment and maintenance of purchasing related order modifiers in ERP.
• Will represent the main point of contact (for purchasing related activities) for management.
• Work with master scheduler to understand and disseminate news (among Buyers) related to demand anomalies, challenges, and opportunities.
• Assume leadership role in working with key internal company personnel in order to establish sound and effective purchasing strategies.
• Maintain raw material database within MRP system for accuracy of pricing and specifications.
• Maintain and follow purchasing procedures to conform to ISO standards.
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Developing Talent: Invests time and resources into building the capabilities of team members; helps people define career goals and establish development plans to achieve them; gives people constructive, developmental feedback and advice
• Delegating Responsibility: Provides people with clear objectives and allows them to take ownership for their goals; gives people a mix of tasks that challenge but do not overwhelm them; acts as a resource people can utilize to help accomplish their goals
• Driving for Results: Aggressively pursues challenging goals and objectives; will to put in considerable time and effort to accomplish objectives; takes a highly focused, goal driven approach toward work
• Driving Continuous Improvement: Establishes methods to monitor and improve performance of systems and processes; utilizes specialized techniques for continuous improvement (e.g., Kaizen, Six Sigma, Total Quality Management)
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in purchasing in in a low volume / wide mix highly technical electronics manufacturing environment
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a manager of people in a similar purchasing function
• Proven track record in tactical purchasing activities
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems, meet deadlines, and stay within budget
• Ability to create and manage purchasing budgets
• Knowledge of supply chain including MRP and Master Scheduling skills a plus
• Demonstrated leadership skill
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact effectively
• Detail-oriented, well organized, self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
• Proficient in Microsoft Office with advance skills in Excel
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a relevant discipline such as Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Purchasing, or similar field of study
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.