Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Careers that Change Lives
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
As part of the Medtronic Operations team, the Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the support of Medtronic products and processes, at internal production sites around the world. As part of the Respiratory Gastrointestinal and Informatics Corporate Engineering team (RGI). The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will work as a team member with the Quality, R&D, Sustaining Engineering and Procurement Organizations, to drive supply chain improvements and ensure compliance to international standards.
1. Ensure manufacturing processes adequately demonstrate specified process and test control capabilities.
2. Conduct, coordinate and aid in formal Process Validations including protocol development and execution.
3. Manage all technical aspects of the CDP and ECO process.
4. Work with commodity managers to identify alternative suppliers
5. Provide technical support during the Request For Quote (RFQ) process.
6. Develops and actively utilizes project charters, project calendars, task lists, and meetings agendas to drive operations deliverables.
7. Documents and analyzes information and data as needed to make programs successful and communicate with a wide variety of audiences
8. Creates and maintains excellent working relationships within the teams assigned, and across Medtronic functions and departments.
9. Specify, procure, and manage capital in the support of manufacturing and test processes.
10. Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
11. Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
12. May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
13. Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
14. Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control and may develop those techniques.
15. Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Ensure adherence to product specifications, industry standards, and quality and regulatory procedures and requirements.
2. Support process verification and validation testing activities.
3. Assist with selection and qualification of new materials and suppliers.
4. Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
This position is an individual contributor position with project leadership responsibility and will be located in Ireland.
Normal Office conditions, with time spent working on manufacturing shop floors.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)