Posted in Other 27 days ago.
Reidy Creek Golf Course, a JC Golf property, has an exciting opportunity for an organized, reliable and safety-minded Golf Course Superintendent with strong attention to detail. This role will be responsible for managing staff and operations of the Golf Course Maintenance Department, to ensure first class quality functional and aesthetic standards while maintaining the highest possible levels of employee morale.
JC Golf is a member of JC Resorts, a proven leader in the management and operation of golf and resort properties since 1971. All of our diverse facilities operate under the same vision; impeccable service without stuffiness, attention to detail without stifling formality and a superior golf course experience in a casual, yet refined setting. We are looking for passionate individuals, empowered to create wow moments and lasting memories for every guest, every time. As a family-owned business, we treat people like family and believe in the personal touch.
In addition to working at the most beautiful Southern California public golf courses, we offer competitive, progressive benefits including meal and employee discount benefits. Join our team of friendly, engaging, professionals who love the Southern California lifestyle and want to share it with our guests.
HIGHLIGHTS OF WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
• Hire, train, schedule, support, review, discipline and terminate employees directly accountable to his/her position
• Schedule staff and operations most effectively to coincide with optimal weather conditions
• Ensure that all golf facilities meet golf course/luxury resort quality standard, and guest satisfaction.
• Understand and respond to maintenance processes; oversee the purchase of all materials, supplies and equipment needed to maintain and upgrade the quality of the golf course.
• Make appropriate turf and landscape decisions designed to uphold the highest level of golf playability and aesthetic standards while maintaining a healthy environment for our employees, guests and surrounding community.
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum of four years of experience in golf course maintenance, including at least one year in a supervisory position
• Thorough knowledge of turf varieties and their use and maintenance, and generally accepted cultural practices
• Experienced in the use and maintenance of relevant tools and equipment
• English fluency required, Spanish fluency helpful
• Familiar with safe application and compatibility of pesticides, and knowledge of fertilizers and soil chemistry.
• Able to identify common turf diseases, insects and weeds.
• 401K with employer match, tuition assistance sick, holiday and vacation pay.
• Employee meals and beverages.
• Generously discounted resort hotel stays; complimentary golf rounds.
• Employee discount at resort and golf property restaurants, gift shops and golf shops.
• Discounted movie tickets, admission to local attractions, plus more!
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodation related to applying for employment at our company, please contact us at 855-318-8947 and/or email us at email@example.com
JC Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, and any other status protected by state or federal law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
See job description