Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Part Time
INDUSTRIAL FIREFIGHTER IN WESTLAKE, LA
The Industrial Firefighter shall serve as part of an Industrial Fire Brigade. The Firefighter will report directly to their Fire Captain. The Firefighter will respond and assist on all emergencies to include, but not limited to, HazMat, Fire, Rescue (confined space and high angle), Medical, and Oil Spill Response. The Firefighter will be responsible for all duties delegated by the Fire Captain.
The Industrial Firefighter will be expected to acquire a working knowledge of all fire equipment used at the site, as well as proper maintenance and inspection of such equipment. This equipment may include, but is not limited to, all apparatus, fire pumps, extinguishers, hydrants, monitors, post indicators, and deluge/sprinkler systems.
* Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls calmly, efficiently, and promptly
* Administers necessary life support, basic or acute, to patients at the scene, as stated by protocol, and in a pre-hospital setting.
* Assess the nature and extent of injury or illness to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed
* Rescues and extricates victims of accidents, sudden illness or entrapment using proper rescue and medical techniques
* Communicates with professional medical personnel and treatment facilities to obtain instructions regarding further treatment and/or arrangements for reception of patient to appropriate facility
* Maintains order at emergency scenes, including crowd disbursement and restraint nearing the scene.
* Completes patient care forms, insurance forms, evaluation forms, and all other required forms in a competent and timely manner.
* Commits towards protecting the privacy of all patient information
* Responds to Dispatch instructions
* Operates specially equipped emergency vehicles to specified locations at a safe and controlled speed.
* Maintains specified emergency vehicle, assuring vehicle is in good working condition, clean, stocked, organized and ready for transport. Maintains accurate records of equipment.
* Assists in routine tasks in and around ambulance service site
* Participate in all required training sessions, including, but not limited to live fire drills, performance evaluation drills, ongoing skills maintenance, practice and training, annual OSHA drills, EMS major skills and any other mandatory Company
* Portable radios are used as a means of
* Must conduct all radio communications in a professional, respectful
* Performs fire suppression duties by responding to emergency fire
* Assists in the suppression of structural, commercial, industrial, chemical, petroleum, vehicle and machinery fires applying the appropriate extinguishing agents to the source of the fire.
* Operates various pieces of fire equipment and gear for fire suppression and control drives and operates fire apparatus conducts search and rescue ventilation and salvage operations
Perform other duties as directed or assigned that are specific to the local operation.
State issued or International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) or Fire Service Professional Qualifications System (ProBoard) certifications as a minimum:
* NFPA 1001, Firefighter II and
* NFPA 472, Hazardous Materials Operations
* State issued or National Registered as an EMT Basic with current CPR/AED certification.
* Valid driver license with acceptable driving record in accordance with AMR
* Able to work any shift assigned, including nights, holidays and
* Available to work overtime as assigned and as needed on an emergency
* Must meet local standards pertaining to qualifications, training and/or eligibility for hiring placement or
State issued or International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) or Fire Service Professional Qualifications System (ProBoard) certifications listed below are highly recommended.
* NFPA 1002, Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator (Pumper)
* NFPA 1081 Industrial Fire Brigade Member (Interior & Exterior)
* NFPA 1006 Rescue Technician (Confined Space & Rope Rescue Technicians)
* NFPA 472, Hazardous Materials Technician
High School diploma or GED required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, fire department personnel are frequently required to walk, sit, climb, crawl, kneel, bend, stoop, lift, talk, see, hear, feel, use clear speech and operate machinery.
There is a need to reach and perform moderate (20 50 pounds) and frequent heavy (50 200 pounds) lifting during the use of tools and equipment, and while assisting others while extinguishing fires or treating ill/injured persons.
Occasionally: Analyzing, judgment.
Frequently: Problem solving, decision making, reasoning.
Constantly: Work requires the ability to read and write reports, follow orders and instructions and read fire manuals. General math calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Frequently: Repetitive tasks, high pressure.
Occasionally: Fatigue, intense tasks
Office: Computers, printers, standard Microsoft Windows and Office software, fire/ems incident reporting system(s), etc.
Firefighting: Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA), personal protective equipment, ladders, porta power units, hammers, chain saws,
portable light, etc.
EMS: Automatic defibrillators, Sphygmomanomer, pulse oximetry, angiolcaheters, stethoscopes, glucometers, backboards, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily in an indoor office environment Firefighting, Medical Services and Rescue duties may be performed in or outdoors in potentially adverse conditions, such as, but not limited to: extreme heat, cold, wet, humid, and loud situations.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled