Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
INFORMATION ASSURANCE SPECIALIST
The Information Assurance Specialist performs network security monitoring and analysis, identifies suspicious and malicious activities, identifies and tracks malicious code (i.e. worms, viruses, Trojan horses), enters and tracks events and incidents.
Additional Responsibilities Include, but are not Limited To:
* Perform network vulnerability analysis and reporting.
* Supports incident escalation and assesses probable impact and damages, identifies damage control, assists in developing course of action and recovery procedures.
* Reviews and recommends IA solutions to customer problems based on an understanding of how products and services interrelate and support the IA mission and the viewpoints of the consumers of those products and services.
* Analyzes and recommends resolution of IA problems based on knowledge of the major IA products and services, an understanding of their limitations, and a working knowledge of the disciplines of IA.
* Adheres to information assurance and security standards for classified and unclassified networks and systems.
* Performs miscellaneous information system security tasks.
* Identifies, reports, and resolves information system security violations and conduct inventory of secure communications equipment, computer hardware, and software.
* Works with the government security officer and local communications squadron to establish and satisfy information assurance and security requirements and apply information assurance requirements to classified and unclassified networks and systems.
* Works with customer staff to apply security to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures, and perform analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
* Assists with self-inspection tasks.
* Analyzes government site general information assurance-related technical problems and provide basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
* Performs vulnerability/risk analysis of classified and unclassified computer systems and applications, recommending and implementing approved solutions and perform self-inspection tasks.
* Designs and maintains risk management framework (RMF) documentation in accordance with the government security officer instructions to achieve authorization of government systems to operate.
* Advises and works with industry site IA personnel to develop and maintain RMF documentation to achieve authorization of industry systems to operate.
* Audits systems and performs continuous monitoring tasks for authorized systems in accordance with approved RMF documentation.
* Assists with the maintenance of the organization's COMSEC account in accordance with government instruction and requirements.
* Assists with the conduct of COMSEC account self-inspections and inventories, as required by the government.
* Supports the government Configuration Control Board (CCB).
* Works with appropriate government and contractor security officials to maintain the information technology Security-in-Depth boundary (i.e. physical security access controls, personnel security clearances, password.)
* Assist with proposal development, if necessary.
* Perform other duties, as assigned.
* Six (6) plus years experience in closely related skills.
* Associates Degree (total experience may be considered equivalent).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
* Security+ required.
* Comply with the ability to obtain and maintain Information Assurance Technical level II certification requirement in accordance with DOD 8570.01 M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, paragraph C3.2.
Other Required Skills & Abilities:
* Must be able to effectively communicate with customer and fulfill all duties and responsibilities as listed in the contract.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite including, but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
Security Clearance: Top Secret security clearance required.
US Citizenship: This position supports a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require Sawdey Solution Services to staff it only with U.S. Citizens.
Req Number INF-20-00064
Location Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
About the Organization Sawdey Solution Services, Inc., with an ISO 9001/ISO 14001 certified and CMMI-SVC v1.3 Level 3 appraised corporate headquarters, has built a nationwide and global footprint providing innovative cross-disciplined professional services, engineering, and cyber solutions to Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Federal Agencies, and commercial customers. Operating successfully since 2001, we are a Woman Owned/Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business.
EOE Statement Sawdey Solution Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Disabled-Veterans-41 CFR 60 1.4 and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, or veteran status.
Job Description None Specified
This position is currently accepting applications.