Posted in Other 30 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Henry Schein ONE delivers connected dental software and services, combined with expert business coaching, to help practices improve every aspect of practice management and grow profits. Our platform for integrated applications lets dental technology connect, share data and automate more tasks, creating a new digital workflow that helps teams work smarter and more efficiently. Our advanced integration improves each stage of the patient experience from first contact and scheduling, to delivery of treatment and recurring care. Henry Schein ONE unifies market-leading software, web tools, support, and patient services into the one platform that is a standard for connecting all practice dental technology.
This position is responsible for performing moderate programming tasks for the maintenance and enhancement of a new or existing product. Leverage a basic understanding of the business domain and existing frameworks for the success of development projects.
* Design and code moderately complex solutions that meet business requirements on schedule and within budget
* Mentor more junior software engineers in regard to best practices of a specific programming language with a basic ability to explain technical concepts in written and verbal forms
* Establish a high level of code quality by writing unit tests, participating in code reviews, reducing cyclomatic complexity, removing code duplication, and debugging software modules
* Assist user documentation and technical support by assembling and providing concise and accurate information in regard to software functionality
* Implement code that follows established standards and demonstrates a basic understanding of user interface design patterns, database management systems, database design, database access, memory management, modeling, security, refactoring, concurrency, networking, services, and data warehousing
* Implement code that demonstrates a good understanding of object oriented design, design patterns, test automation, continuous integration/deployment, and versioning
* Provide task decomposition, documentation and estimates in accordance with a basic understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
* Create or modify user interfaces by leveraging a basic understanding of user experience design
* Attend all meetings necessary for the seamless delivery of the product as part of the Software Development Life Cycle
Typically 3 to 5 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
* Good understanding of industry practices
* Proficient with tools, systems, and procedures
* Basic planning/organizational skills and techniques
* Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills with ability to multi-task
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Good presentation and public speaking skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Basic conflict resolution skills
* Developing professional credibility
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Good ability to derive and design technical specifications from general product requirements
* Good knowledge of application design patterns
* Good ability to remain current on new technology within the software industry
* Advanced ability to implement code derived from technical specifications
* Good ability to problem solve/diagnose in a technical space
* Basic technical knowledge of broad business areas
* Excellent knowledge of an applicable programming language
* Good knowledge of data storage formats, tools and languages
* Ability to keep skills current with changing industry demands as identified by the department training site
FULL-TIME BENEFITS AVAILABLE:
* Earn generous PTO (Paid Time Off)
* Seven Company Paid holidays
* Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
* 401K with competitive company match
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, AD&D
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: www.henryschein.com/careers.