Posted in Other 27 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Research Economist - International Development (2021 ASSA/AEA Annual Meeting)
US-DC | US-MA-Boston | US-MD-Columbia | US-CA-Oakland | US-WA-Seattle
Please only apply to this posting if you will be on the job market during the 2021 ASSA/AEA Virtual Annual Meeting and would like to be considered for an interview. For all other opportunities, please view our job openings on our career page and apply to the position of interest.
IMPAQ's International is wholly owned subsidiary of American Institutes of Research. IMPAQ's International Development Division (IDD) creates enduring solutions to global problems through rigorous approaches and innovative thinking. We leverage our intellectual assets, professional integrity, methodological rigor, and an unparalleled work ethic to provide clients with evidence-based policy research, program evaluations, technical assistance, and monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) support. IMPAQ IDD collaborates with government officials, international development agencies, and the private sector throughout the world to ensure an inclusive and contextually-appropriate approach to solving the most pressing policy issues and grounding development programming in reliable data.
IMPAQ's highly-experienced experts specialize in a variety of fields such as international labor rights and child labor; education; energy; democracy, rights, and governance; food security and resilience; and water, sanitation, and hygiene. Our world-class researchers and subject matter experts speak more than 10 languages and together we provide services in more than 40 countries around the world. Across the entirety of our portfolio, we are known for our flexibility, responsiveness, and willingness to adapt to our clients' needs.
IMPAQ is seeking an entrepreneurial, highly motivated Research Economist to help expand IMPAQ's international development work. The candidate will play a key role in qualitative and quantitative research, monitoring and evaluation, technical assistance, and in strategic business development. The candidate will have strong experience conducting international program evaluation and policy studies in a variety of sectors to support the work within the International Development Division.
Successful candidates are expected to be managing proposal teams and contribute to the technical design process for multiple bids at a time. S/he may also lead and/or participate as members of teams conducting in-country investigations of new project opportunities, establishing key international partner organizations, form strategic relationships with data collection partners and other stakeholders, and assist in the recruitment of key and non-key personnel.
Contributing to and advancing IMPAQ's international reputation as a leading research, technical assistance, and evaluation firm;
- Lead program evaluations and assessments;
- Lead the development of technical proposals, project reports and other technical deliverables;
- Provide technical direction to staff on evaluation design, project execution, and report preparation to ensure projects and deliverables of the highest rigor;
- Supervising and mentoring of staff;
- Making presentations of IMPAQ's work to clients and at professional conferences and meetings;
- Track business intelligence leading to bid opportunities, and manage the proposal preparation process for donor agencies such as USAID, MCC, and other opportunities;
- Write proposal sections in collaboration with IMPAQ technical staff;
- Review proposals for full compliance with the requirements of the RFPs/RFAs;
- Coordinate new business proposals process including proposal kick-off through delivery;
- Assist in the start-up and implementation of newly won programs/evaluations, and provide short-term technical assistance to field programs as required;
- Perform qualitative and/or quantitative project tasks for research studies as required.
- Ph.D. in Economics or a related Social Science field preferred;
- Must have previous experience conducting applied research studies in international development, particularly on USAID, USDA, MCC, and DOL ILAB-funded international programs;
- Must be an expert in program evaluation, sectoral assessments, data analysis, assessments;
- Exceptional quantitative and qualitative skills;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, small-team environment;
- Previous business development expertise in the government contracting environment, particularly with USAID is desired;
- Experience writing proposals for USAID, MCC, and/or other foreign assistance donors is desired;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in cross-cultural settings;
- Demonstrated ability to interface (and represent IMPAQ) with donor agency counterparts, government officials, partner organizations, and other stakeholders;
- Ability to work well independently with limited supervision;
- Professional fluency (written and spoken) in Spanish and/or French is highly desired.
To receive full consideration please click \\"apply for this job online\\" link and submit the following items electronically:
- Letter of application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae (resume)
- 1 - Sample of written work (job market paper)
You must also submit two letters of recommendation after you have submitted your application materials electronically. Reference letters must be submitted through JOE. Please make sure to apply to the posting before submitting your reference letters through JOE. Reference letters may be addressed to Hiring Committee.
The deadline to submit all application materials (including reference letters) is November 30, 2020 at 5:00 pm, ET.
Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted beginning December 14th.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
IMPAQ International adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Please note, each section of the application is required in order for you to be considered for this opportunity. If you do not complete the required screening questions, or if you close your browser before completing each section of the application, your application will not be submitted for this position.
IMPAQ International is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to excellence through diversity. Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
IMPAQ International's commitment to Diversity goes beyond legal compliance to its full integration in our strategy, operations and work environment. Diversity is valued and Inclusion is reflected in all efforts to recruit, develop, and engage the diverse staff needed to accomplish our mission.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to Morena Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443.259.5207.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.