Posted in Other 29 days ago.
Type: Full Time
The IT Applications Application Platform Owner is responsible for end to end capability planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the vision and roadmap for an area of capability, ensuring application scalability, gap identification, improvement through automation and working closely with applications engineering, enterprise architecture, suppliers as well as key business stakeholders to ensure business goals are met without sacrificing quality or compliance with key non-functional requirements (security, scalability, operability, unit cost, etc...)
This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Application Strategy & Design within the IT Applications Development & Maintenance organization. Locations: Woodland Hills, El Dorado Hills, Rancho Cordova
The Application Platform Owner is expected to:
- Define the strategy and roadmap for customer service solutions at Blue Shield of California
- Partner with key business and IT stakeholders to secure funding and initiate work in support of key roadmap imperatives
- Work with suppliers to drive roadmaps in ways that closely align to capability roadmaps and BSC strategic objectives
- Develop High-Level Expertise with how Blue Shield of California solves complex customer service business problems within the Customer Service domain.
- Drive low-fidelity prototype work to evaluate potential value of options under consideration
- Act as a leader within the company
- Technical Background, with 8 - 12 years of experience Implementing and Supporting Customer Service Solutions for a large enterprise
- Ability to drive Strategic Capability Planning processes
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Design Thinking methodologies is desirable
- Working understanding of Software Delivery Lifecycle Methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- Demonstrated success delivering solutions from initiation to production
- Experience leading organizations through complex change highly desirable
- Bachelor's degree (MBA preferred)
- Strong conflict management skills are necessary
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Healthcare experience strongly preferred
- Must have experience managing suppliers
- Must be willing to travel on occasion
- Our Company: At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for - LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in - Join us!
- Physical Requirements:
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/deskwork - Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of work day.
- Equal Employment Opportunity: External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.
- Requisition ID: 20001ZK
- Posting Date: Sep 28, 2020
- Schedule: Full-time