Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
COMPANY: FedEx Logistics
JOB TITLE: Real Estate Advisor
JOB REQUISITION NUMBER: RC273470
TIME TYPE: Full Time
JOB TYPE: Regular
PRIMARY JOB POSTING LOCATION:
100 Peabody Place
Memphis, Tennessee 38103
POSTING DATE: 2020-10-27
JOB POSTING END DATE: 2020-11-03
To manage the domestic real estate portfolio for designated markets. To conduct real estate negotiations and transactions with external representatives in coordination with corporate facility planning and all other necessary internal groups, as appropriate. To provide portfolio strength, operational and brand name security based upon market knowledge and corporate requirements.
* Finds and secures appropriate facilities that meet the corporation's needs.
* Authorizes, develops, manages and evaluates market analyses for all market types, including identification of competitor locations.
* Negotiates and structures lease agreements/renewals and directs outside real estate agents including, but not limited to, acquisitions, dispositions, renewals with or without improvements/expansions, land sites, subleases, vacating facilities, multi-tenant facilities, early terminations and/or buyout agreements.
* Advises management of regional/local real estate trends, demands and commercial facility availability.
* Remains knowledgeable on market trends, occupancy percentages, current financial trends, loan types and percentage rates including sources, capital markets, and operational, governmental and political impact on markets.
* Directs and supervises outside real estate consulting firms to locate and conduct real estate negotiations for properties.
* Coordinates and conducts negotiations and transaction meetings to achieve the least cost alternative to satisfy the corporate requirements.
* Develops real estate recommendations in consultation with the manager for presentation to the managing director of real estate and field and senior management, as appropriate.
* Maintains up to date knowledge of applicable local building and real estate codes as well as state & federal requirements pertaining to commercial real estate.
* Interfaces with necessary municipal leaders and local officials to obtain necessary permits, incentives, etc. to result in brand name presence at the most economical cost.
* Communicates transaction status to management.
* Monitors transaction against budget and makes necessary adjustments.
* Supports and assists management in the development and implementation of strategic and technical plans and budgets.
* Develops, evaluates, negotiates and analyzes total project costs, returns on capital, annual increases, ground leases, etc.
* To assure the lowest cost alternative is obtained.
* Assists manager with facility purchase and disposition projects.
* Assists with professional development of real estate staff.
Bachelor's degree/equivalent in real estate, finance, business. Eight (8) years professional commercial or industrial real estate negotiating, acquisition, management, and finance experience, including experience with contract negotiations, and service agreement negotiations and related real estate/facility transactions. Strong negotiation, human relations and communications skills. PC skills required preferably with Microsoft office and file-maker-pro. Strong real estate financial calculations skills. CCIM (certified commercial investment member), SIOR (society industrial office realtors), NACORE (international assignment of corporate real estate executives) or equivalent professional real estate designation required.
FedEx Logistics provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Logistics, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
FedEx Logistics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Logistics, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the E-Verify Notice available in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) before proceeding with your job application. Click here to read the Right to Work Notice available in English (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster_ES.pdf). Additional information about the E-Verify program can also be found at www.uscis.gov.
PAY TRANSPARENCY POLICY STATEMENT: The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Logistics Legal Department.
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Logistics is engaged in an industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor, we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans (including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.) Click here and here to read more about \\"Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.\\"
FedEx Logistics will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Logistics will not rely on the wage history of a prospective employee from any current or former employer when determining the wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process, including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.