Posted in Other 28 days ago.
Type: Full Time
# of Openings
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call Dewberry at Work, that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century
Dewberry is currently seeking an experienced Land Survey Instrument Operator. Applicant must be responsible, highly motivated, and a detail oriented individual interested in joining our Land Surveying team in the Panama City, FL area. Applicant must be able to work in a team environment as a key member of a survey crew assisting in the performance of boundary, ALTA, topographic, right-of way acquisition, transmission line, and construction surveys utilizing the latest equipment and surveying technology with the ability to supervise the crew or work independently if necessary. The position has opportunity for advancement for a motivated individual willing to grow with the changing skills and technology required of a Land Surveyor.
* Assist the field supervisor with all aspects of the daily crew workload.
* Work in a safe manner and obey all safety regulations.
* Supervise the survey crew in the absence of the crew chief.
* Work independently as a one person crew as required.
* Daily uploading and downloading of data collectors.
* Operate survey total stations, data collectors and levels
* Daily care and charging of instrumentation.
* Continually advance knowledge with upgrades in technology.
REQUIRED SKILLS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
* One to two years experience strongly required.
* Must have a High School Diploma (Minimum).
* Must have good Mathematical skills.
* Must have good computer and data collector skill
* Proficient with the use of Topcon and survey equipment. (GPS, Robotics, Total Stations, Levels, and Data Collectors) preferred.
* Proficient with EFB, TDS Survey Pro, and Leica Survey Controller data collection software, preferred.
* Must have good communication skills.
* Must have a valid driver s license and ability to pass a driving record check.
* Must pass a drug test.
* Must be dependable.
* Ability to obtain a security clearance is a plus.
* Physically able to work outdoors in all weather conditions and terrains.
* Ability to repetitively stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 50 lbs; includes body weight, equipment, tools and boxes, in addition to ability to stand for long periods of time on varied surfaces.
* Must be able to work overtime as required.
* Must be willing and able to travel for out of town assignments.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.