Posted in Other 28 days ago.
Type: Full Time
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who You Are:
The Manufacturing Technician 2 position will work in a cleanroom environment and adhere to cGMP batch records and SOPs to manufacture viral vector products (including cGMP biopharmaceutical cell culture, buffer and medium preparation, membrane clarification, membrane concentration and buffer exchange, column purification, terminal filtration, Fill and Finish, stocking supplies and raw materials, and cleaning process equipment). Employees will support projects in conjunction with other GMP Manufacturing personnel (Leads, Supervisors, Managers). Employees are expected to prepare suites for manufacturing, to document deviations, and to operate in a safe and compliant manner.
Who you are:
* Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Biology or related discipline and 1+ years of experience in a cGMP clean room environment performing aseptic manufacturing operations OR HS Diploma/GED and 5+ years of work experience in a cGMP or in a lab setting
* 1+ years of experience with sterile cell culture and aseptic operations in a BSC/LFH (bio safety cabinet, laminar flow hood)
* 1+ years of experience working with cGMP/GDP concepts
* 1+ years of experience in vial thaw, expansion, harvest, and basic troubleshooting of cell culture systems
* 1+ years of academic or lab biology and chemistry experience
* 3+ years of experience working with desktop computers and technical equipment (MS Office)
* Self-motivated, work well in a group, and ability to communicate well with all levels of the operations team
* Experience with filtration, TFF (UF/DF), column chromatography, sterile final filtration, media and cell culture
* Experience with sterile fill filtration of media, buffers, and drug products
* Experience with adherent cell culturing
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.