Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Aireon has deployed the world's first and global space-based air traffic surveillance system, which is revolutionizing the entire aviation industry. The Aireon system provides real-time aircraft monitoring spanning never before covered areas of the planet, including remote, oceanic and polar regions. Aireon's receivers are hosted on the Iridium constellation, which consists of 66 operational satellites in low-earth orbit and utilizes a unique cross-linked satellite architecture creating a web of coverage around the world. The Aireon system enables safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly aviation travel, resulting in significant CO2 emission reductions. Numerous Air Navigation Service Providers have already signed on as customers and are receiving Aireon's space-based ADS-B data, including NAV CANADA, NATS (UK), Naviair (Denmark), Enav (Italy), the Irish Aviation Authority, Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore, Air Traffic and Navigation Services (South Africa) and more.
Position Summary, Job Requirements & Responsibilities
As DevOps/Software Engineer you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation/development, documentation, testing, deployment and production operations support of Aireon's Microsoft Azure Cloud applications developed for our external and internal customers. You will design and develop complex new software products, make significant enhancements to existing software, and streamline provisioning of cloud infrastructure and automation of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes.
Aireon is a fast-paced dynamic environment which requires an energetic self-starter with creative approaches to solving complex problems. The role calls for a self-motivated, innovative problem solver who can bring with them new ideas and is looking for a challenge. You will work with Engineering and development team to translate scalability, performance, reliability, and functional requirements to cloud computing solutions
Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including Design, code, test, troubleshoot, and document software applications.
- Implement and automate continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines to support application development lifecycle activities and release cycles.
- Design, implement and maintain CI/CD systems to support automated build, testing and deployment.
- Work with the team to implement and automate the orchestration of deployment jobs across environments either on-prem or in the cloud with a focus on security, availability and monitoring.
- Ensuring that technical software development process is followed on the project according to internal and industry best practices for software development and operational support.
- Improve and strengthen our strategy in setting-up, managing and configuring our environments needed in test activities
- Document and present design documents for project approval
- Develop Unit Test scripts
- Develop and Perform Unit and Integration testing and document results
- Perform unit and integration testing and document results
- Perform peer code reviews
- Define Measures and KPI's
- Utilize key components of Microsoft Azure Cloud for Aireon applications.
- Perform analysis and troubleshooting of processing errors and data inconsistencies and provide solutions
- Adapt and work with team members of various experience levels and diverse locations
- Understand Data Flows and Common Data Model
- Participate in daily scrum meetings and weekly status meetings to provide a status report of work in progress, accomplished and problems / issues encountered
- Will be working 70% as a developer and/or tester and 30% on operational activities
Experience & Education Requirements / EEO
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or comparable major
- Passionate coder with 5 years of application development experience
- At least 5 years of demonstrable programming experience in C#, .NET, and PowerShell scripting
- At least 2 years demonstrable development experience in Microsoft Azure PaaS (Service Fabric, Event Hubs, Windows Server Virtual Machines)
- At least 2 years demonstrable experience working with Azure DevOps / Visual Studio Online
- At least 2 years demonstrable experience developing CI/CD pipelines using Git in Azure DevOps and into the Azure Cloud Environment (configuring hooks, integrating code inspection software, configure secrets using Azure Key Vault, integrating Unit Testing and Sanity Testing automation using Docker Containers and configuring YAML files)
- Experience using SQL Server (complex queries, store procedures and SSRS)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- Knowledge of Entity Framework and other ORM frameworks
- Knowledge of development practices in the Azure cloud
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerShell scripting
- Ability to develop, document and conduct unit, integration and performance tests for code developed in C# under Azure DevOps
- Ability to write clear, cohesive, and concise technical documentation that is easily understood by colleagues, management, and clients.
- Ability to develop and design technical specifications to meet project requirements according to Azure Best Practices.
- Proven analytical and technical problem-solving abilities: Ability to effectively analyze data flows or data from different systems, to identify and diagnose data integrity or synchronization problems; and to design solutions for most problems or issues found.
- Comfortable working to complete objectives given initial direction, working collaboratively with direct and extended team to meet goals.
- Provide expert advice, guidance, and opinions in area of specialization
- Effective interpersonal relationships
- Initiative, Judgement, Innovation and Analytical thinking
- Work under pressure
- Resilient and openness to change
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Strong communication skills. Ability to work effectively with various organizations in pursuit of problem solution
- Self-starter who can work independently
Other preferred Qualifications
- Experience using Kubernetes to manage containers in development, testing and production environments
Aireon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.