Posted in Other 29 days ago.
Type: Full Time
NOKIA IS A GLOBAL LEADER IN THE TECHNOLOGIES THAT CONNECT PEOPLE AND THINGS. WITH STATE-OF-THE-ART SOFTWARE, HARDWARE AND SERVICES FOR ANY TYPE OF NETWORK, NOKIA IS UNIQUELY POSITIONED TO HELP COMMUNICATION SERVICE PROVIDERS, GOVERNMENTS, AND LARGE ENTERPRISES DELIVER ON THE PROMISE OF 5G, THE CLOUD AND THE INTERNET OF THINGS. SERVING CUSTOMERS IN OVER 100 COUNTRIES, OUR RESEARCH SCIENTISTS AND ENGINEERS CONTINUE TO INVENT AND ACCELERATE NEW TECHNOLOGIES THAT WILL INCREASINGLY TRANSFORM THE WAY PEOPLE AND THINGS COMMUNICATE AND CONNECT.
Nuage Networks from Nokia fully virtualizes and automates any DataCenter, SD-WAN network infrastructure, transforming it into a reflexive environment that instantaneously establishes the network services required to deliver cloud applications across thousands of tenants in a policy-driven manner. The candidate will work in a team of highly motivated and talented software engineers, responsible for developing features, enhancements pertaining to various functional areas for future releases of the Nuage VNS products.
POSITIONS ARE LOCATION IN RALEIGH, NC FOR SPRING 2021. RELOCATION WILL NOT BE OFFERED.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & COMPETENCIES:
* Develop and execute sophisticated software tests to verify conformance of feature(s) functionality implemented by Engineering against requirements specifications laid out by Product Marketing.
* Automate test cases using in-house Python based infrastructure and maintain them.
* Augment test strategies and automation with feedback and analysis from real-world Customer deployments.
* Automate deployment with tools such as Ansible. Create and deploy tests written in scripting languages such as Python.
* Gain hands on experience in industry leading technology related to SDN, routing, switching.
* Work on data center and virtualization technologies
* Work with and learn industry standard DevOps tools like git, Nagios etc
* Contribute to product codebase or automation harness using C, C++, Python and Tcl
* Work on customer testbeds using traffic generators and protocol emulators
* Learn to work in a professional environment
MUST BE ENROLLED IN BS OR MS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE OR EQUIVALENT
* Strong understanding of software design and development on Linux platform Strong understanding of Computer Networking
* Strong programming expertise in C, Java or Python
* Strong understanding with Virtualized Switching Products such as OpenVswitch or Nexus 1000v
* Server Virtualization expertise with KVM, Xen or Vmware ESXi is a huge plus
* Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and to work in a fast paced, innovative environment
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DO NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, STATUS AS A VETERAN, AND BASIS OF DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL PROTECTED CLASS