Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Assurance Manager (Manager) for the Alternative Investments Practice is responsible for supervising, directing and reviewing work through the delegation of tasks throughout the planning, field work and wrap-up stages of an audit client engagement for various types of financial services clients, including but not limited to hedge funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds, broker dealers, market-place lending funds and other asset management clients. This position also has the opportunity to be involved in industry networking and business development within the alternative investments industry as well as be responsible for monitoring engagement profitability, billings and collections. Also, the Manager may advise the client on various economic and regulatory risks within the alternative investments industry, resolve complex accounting issues, apply GAAP and GAAS consistently within complex situations, write technical consultation memos on GAAP and GAAS issues and document client control environments.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or equivalent, required
- MBA or Master degree in Accounting, preferred
- Five (5) or more years of experience in public accounting, required
- Hedge funds, venture capital funds, private equity funds and alternative investments experience, preferred
- Experience with investment valuation testing and related Topic 820 disclosures, preferred
- Experience testing partner allocations and reading fund legal documents, preferred
- Supervisory experience, required
- Licensed CPA or international equivalent, required
- Experience in the use of various assurance applications and research tools, preferred
- Microsoft Office Products, including Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong GAAP and GAAS knowledge, specific to alternative investments clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent people development and delegation skills, including training, instruction and engagement scheduling and budgeting
- Executive presence with the ability to serve as the primary contact for a client, prepare and present presentations to clients and prospects- Strong decision-making and leadership skills
- Ability to resolve complex accounting issues through the use of experience, research and consultation
- Capable of attending industry events, and develop industry network
- Ability to manage engagement profitability, including billings and collections
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.