Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Audit Senior for the Alternative Investments Practice will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day "in-charge" duties of planning, fieldwork and "wrap-up" to include the preparing of financial statements with disclosures, applying most areas of GAAP as necessary and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various control systems. This position is also responsible for acting as the client contact for basic questions and information and may be involved in reviews and agreed-upon procedure engagements.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent required
- Masters degree in Accountancy preferred
- Two (2) or more years of prior experience in public accounting, specifically in hedge funds, venture capital funds, private equity funds, and/or alternative investments, or four (4) or more years of relevant professional accounting experience working for companies in asset management required.
- One (1) or more years of prior supervisory experience preferred
- CPA preferred
- Actively pursuing completion of CPA licensing required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with various assurance applications and research tools beneficial
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid understanding and experience planning and coordinating the stages to perform an audit of a basic public and/or private company
- Knowledge of internal accounting controls and professional standards and regulations (GAAP, GAAS, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently and within a group environment
- Superior analytical and diagnostic skills and ability to break down complex issues and implementing appropriate resolutions
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy
- Solid project management skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.