Posted in Other 28 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Facility Management - Critical Environment
Length of Assignment:
BGIS is currently seeking a Mobile Maintenance Mechanic to join the team in the Bay Area.
Must be willing to drive to multiple sites and work different shifts.
BGIS is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, including facilities management, project management, energy & sustainability services, strategic workplace consulting, real estate services and capital planning. Its range of solutions, supported by efficient systems, processes and people, enables it to create and optimize places that work for its clients. The team is dedicated to inspiring better business performance and helping clients focus on their core businesses.
Visit us online at https://www.bgis.com/us/careers.htm for more information.
Purpose Statement: Maintain critical mechanical, electrical, and control systems in a critical environment facility.
Maintain Building Systems
* Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
* Assist with ancillary building systems necessary to keep systems operating at peak performance with minimal downtime.
* Receive direction from Lead Facility Engineer or Facility Manager.
* Maintain facility equipment as indicated by preventative maintenance plan.
* Provide general building maintenance and perform routine maintenance tasks.
* Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend upgrades.
* Order parts and supplies for maintenance and repairs.
* Forward high-level technical maintenance to appropriate resource.
* Respond to customer service requests.
* Monitor service requests in work order management system.
* Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills and maintain positive and professional working relationship with internal and external clients.
* Respond to off hour emergency calls.
* Work with vendors and contractors to oversee and ensure work meets BGIS standards
* Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES
* Must have 3 to 5 years experience in commercial mechanical/electrical maintenance (prefer Critical Environment experience).
* 1-year experience in a Critical Environment preferred.
* One (1) year of experience with building /facility operations or training equivalent
* High School diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent work experience required.
* Experience or knowledge of with maintaining building infrastructure is preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Ability to work at heights and from ladders.
* Ability to regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
* Respond to off hour emergency calls.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
* Back Share