Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Lead Engineer II will provide technical leadership in pharmaceutical dosage form and process understanding. The role involves developing fundamental understanding of various relationships between material properties and processing conditions on product performance and critical quality attributes. The incumbent will have strong background in the application of material science, and powder technology to solve complex technical challenges. A solid technical background in materials characterization is essential. The role is expected to apply both experimental and modeling tools to solve complex problems. The incumbent will have a strong lab presence, design and execute experiments with a focus on materials and process understanding, interpret data, participate in cross-functional development teams and write technical reports. Good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task and a commitment to continuous learning are expected. A solid background in mechanical, particle/powder technology, materials science or chemical engineering is required.
- Evaluate physical, mechanical, and rheological properties of material
- Identify material and process interactions during development by applying material science, powder technology, and process knowledge to enable robust scale-up and commercialization
- Develop process understanding of unit operations and identify critical process parameters
- Collaborate within cross-functional CMC team(s) to define and execute development strategies that enable the successful launch of our drug products
- Write technical reports and deliver presentations to technical, CMC and project groups
- Contribute to the identification of methods that improve characterization of products, process intermediates and other materials.
- Experience in the physical, mechanical, and rheological characterization of fluids, suspensions, polymers, polymer solutions, and powders
- Depth in material science and powder technology fundamentals
- Experience in powder processing including drying, sifting, and flow
- Proven ability to apply scientific principles to design, execute and interpret experiments
- Experience in formation and characterization of microencapsulated products
- Modelling powder processes
- Process analytical technologies
- Long release parenteral product
- Statistical design of experiment experience
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Positive, adaptable, can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours as required
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
PhD in Powder technology, Mechanical, Materials or Chemical Engineering with 0 - 3 years of experience
MS in Powder technology, Mechanical or Materials or Chemical Engineering with 6+ years of experience
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law. Alkermes also complies with all work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Alkermes is an E-Verify employer.