Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
The objective of this position is to develop, plan, direct and control the manufacture of brake drums. Coordinate continuous improvement activities through process improvements and cost reduction of the manufacturing process. Provide leadership around material control, manufacturing, logistics and inventory.
• Responsible for supervising employees in the manufacturing and logistics operations
• Set and communicate daily, weekly and monthly objectives
• Keeps a focus of production output in relation to targets
• Identify efficiency issues and suggest/implement improvements
• Have a high sense of urgency with ability to react quickly when problems arise
• Passion for safety
• Problem solving of process misses and management system failures
• Work alongside quality to help ensure customer needs are met
• Mindset related to promoting trust, accountability and positive culture
• Promote and lead continuous improvement actives as well as boost the culture for continuous improvement
• Manage scheduling, inventories and logistics processes
• B.S. degree in Engineering, Management, or Business required.
• Minimum of 5 years of leadership within manufacturing, preferably related to machining/metal working. Foundry experience preferred.
• Basic understanding of manufacturing processes, production planning, and quality principles required.