Machine Operator I
at Medline Industries, Inc.
Posted in General Business 17 days ago.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate a variety of converting, packaging, and boxing equipment to make wipe products.
- Operate production machines safely, properly, and efficiently to meet a pre-determined product quality and output rate.
- Work as a part of an interdependent team on a production line to produce high quality products in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operate converting line equipment to load, thread, cut, fold, saturate, and stack various cloth materials.
- Operate packaging equipment including loading and threading of film and labels to make a complete package of wipes with exceptional quality.
- Operate automated pick and place boxing lines, loading boxes on skids, shrink wrapping, and hauling the pallets to a finished goods area with a pallet jack.
- Other activities including cleaning, hand packing materials, and other support activities for manufacturing.
- Read and understand procedures for individual pieces of equipment to run efficiently.
- Apply understanding of the mechanical characteristics of machines adequately to set up and operate the unit safely without damaging equipment.
- Observe various machine failures and make corrections and/or get maintenance involved as needed.
- Understand the process and individual machine operating parameters adequately to produce quality products as required by established process specifications.
- Maintain awareness of product quality and adjust processes within specifications to attain high product quality.
- Document machine product attributes and parameters on required forms and logs.
- Complete regular cleaning of equipment and production areas as required.
- Perform duties as backup to other positions. Complete other projects as assigned by management.
- High school graduate or GED
AdditionalMust be able to read and understand charts, indicators, instructions on controls, operator checklists. Read, write, and understand the English language.Basic math skills including fractional / decimal equations.Requires lifting of objects up to 50 lbs.Willing to work in warm and cold environments.
- At least 2 years of work experience within a high volume manufacturing environment.