Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Offering a legacy of warm hospitality since 1937, Westfield Country Club is a family friendly country club with a variety of recreational activities, enjoyable and challenging golf experiences and social offerings. Our rich history, professional and friendly team members and our outstanding facilities are part of the reason we have one of the most desirable and exclusive memberships in northern Ohio. Westfield Country Club committed to a Master Plan in 2017 that will provide enhancements and renovations to both our South and North Courses. We partnered with Hurdzan Design for this project. Some of Hurdzan's most notable work was on display at the 117th US Open hosted by Erin Hills. Updates and timelines associated with the Master Plan include:
- Phase 1 - New Practice Facility, Himalayan Putting Course with new irrigation system opened in 2018.
- Phase 2 - South Course Renovations (parkland course) and new irrigation system opened in June of 2019.
- Phase 3 - North Course Renovation (true links) and new irrigation system work is underway and opened during the summer of 2020.
Westfield is looking to add paid summer internship roles to our golf course teams beginning in late spring and extending into the late summer/fall seasons. Regardless of your experience, we are committed to providing future turfgrass management professionals a learning environment that exposes you to as many facets of golf course management operations as time and experience permit. You will develop relationships with individuals at all levels of our Country Club and Hospitality teams as well as other interns throughout Westfield. Our internship program encourages on-course problem solving and other comprehensive experiences that enhance the opportunity to become a turfgrass manager. Our 36 hole facility, with two different styles of courses, provides great learning opportunities in most facets of Golf Course management disciplines including, but not limited to:
- Daily Course Preparation
- Pest Scouting
- Plant Health Care Production Applications
- Irrigation and Drainage
- Equipment Operations
- Project Management
- Natural Resource Management
- Comprehensive Safety Program
Previous tournaments hosted at Westfield Country Club include:
- Junior PGA Championship from 2001 - 2007
- Junior Ryder Cup in 2004
- Ohio Open from 2013 - 2016
- Senior PGA Tour Westfield Pro AM in 2019
Turfgrass Intern Summary
Hourly Rate: $12 - $15+ per hour aligned to experience
Corporate Housing Available
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
- Actively pursuing a secondary education degree within a related field of study.
- Previous work experience.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work with a team.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Depending on assigned department, physical requirements may vary in severity.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.