Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
a.i. solutions is seeking a highly motivated Junior Systems Engineer to join our On-orbit Servicing, Assembly, and Manufacturing 1 (OSAM-1) flight dynamics team. Our OSAM-1 team performs spacecraft flight dynamics analyses, ground system design and development, systems engineering, and simulations and testing in preparation for launch and mission operations. This position will work closely with other systems and aerospace engineers to interpret requirements, implement solutions, perform testing of requirements, and perform selected analyses for this NASA mission. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to embrace the a.i. solutions mission and work to continually exceed the expectations of our customers.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Partner and communicate with engineers across the OSAM-1 Project to establish a collective understanding of mission requirements
- Review mission documentation to ensure that appropriate requirements have been established or to identify changes to existing requirements
- Provide development, testing, analysis and testing for the ground-based version of the Goddard Enhanced Onboard Navigation System (GEONS) and for the Flight Dynamics Ground Support System
- Become fluent in OSAM-1 flight dynamics concepts
- Review flight dynamics test results, analyses, operational data, or other artifacts that provide evidence of requirements verification
- Author requirements verification reports based on provided artifacts and champion their approval.
- Participate in training activities including simulations and test events to prepare for mission operations.
- Support operations during the launch and early orbit period including spacecraft navigation, contact analysis, and maneuver planning, reconstruction, and calibration
- Document and communicate your work to peers and customers through informal forums as well as formally in conference and journal publications
- Continually research the latest progress in systems engineering, flight dynamics analysis, software, and/or operations to
- grow our value to the customer
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or a related discipline
- 3 Years of relevant experience
- Obtain successful completion of a goverment background check
- US citizenship
- Ability to quickly connect in-person and in writing, and to actively listen and perceive the needs, values or opinions of others
- Demonstrated leadership accomplishments professionally and personally
- Proactivity in identifying and addressing challenges to include innovations that result in positive organizational impact
- Experience with Matlab scripting and Python
- Experience with FreeFlyer, STK, ODTK, or other flight dynamics tools
EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).