Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Patient Service Representative (PSR) is an integral part of the Women's Health team, providing exceptional service to patients, and supporting care team members in providing a positive patient experience. We are seeking a friendly, welcoming person with strong patient service and office technology skills to join our outstanding team!
* Primary duties include answering incoming calls, scheduling patient appointments, placing appointment reminder calls to patients, checking in/out patients, collecting copays, completing end of day report, processing referrals, distributing incoming correspondence, ordering supplies, and other duties as assigned.
* This is a fast-paced, friendly work environment, often with multiple tasks to complete at once. Ability to prioritize tasks is essential. Must be friendly and helpful, with a focus on patient experience.
* Hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm schedule with no weekends or major holidays.
* Exceptional benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability, paid time off, paid family leave, retirement, tuition assistance, and more!
REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
* EDUCATION: High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent is preferred.
* LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS: None required.
* EXPERIENCE: Prior medical office experience preferred.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality is a must.
* Exceptional communication skills with patients and providers, both in-person and on the phone.
* Ability to maintain professionalism in stressful situations.
* Secretarial/business skills preferred.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office software is highly desired.
* Detail-oriented and able to work independently and as part of a team.
* Excellent grammar, writing skills, decision-making, and organizational skills are essential.
* Familiarity with medical terminology is essential.
For more information on career opportunities at Memorial Hospital, contact Beth Carpenter, Senior Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 356-4939.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.