Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
IT Support Specialist
Location: Owatonna, MN
Summary: Responsible for the deployment and support of client / desktop systems, applications and local infrastructure. Provides direct technical support for all requirements in the planning, design, coordination, and implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to client / desktop systems, applications and local infrastructure.
- Provides first and second line analysis and response to incident and service request tickets submitted by internal business users.
- Follows, creates and updates critical IT Infrastructure knowledge base support documentation.
- Deploys and supports client /desktop systems, applications and local infrastructure components or assists in the support and administration of more complex client /desktop systems, applications and local infrastructure components.
- Responsible for maintaining site IT hardware inventories as well following asset management and lifecycle processes defined for client / desktop systems, applications, local infrastructure & supportwarranty contracts related to the hardware.
- Is responsible for creating, maintaining and deploying system images for client/desktop systems.
- Handles hardware and software orders generated from client requests or regularly scheduled ordering cycles.
- Responsible for IT Infrastructure critical computer hard drive backups as well as maintaining, following and at times developing backup deployment procedures.
- Will participate in on-call duties on a weekly rotational basis.
- 2+ years in IT support positions.
- Technical knowledge with MS Windows client / desktop systems, applications and infrastructure components.
- Familiar with most basic desktop system administration tools and processes.
- Familiarity with client / desktop systems, applications or infrastructures.
- Previous experience in customer support, computer operations, and system administration.
Uses professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a variety of problems. Full use and application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques. Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
Internal and External Contacts:
Primary intra-organizational with occasional inter-organizational and external customer/vendor contacts on routine matters.
Bachelor's degree preferred, however applicable certification or equivalent experience is encouraged to apply.
Daikin Applied is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor employment based visas.
Equal Opportunity Employment: It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
About Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied is a member of the world's largest HVAC manufacturer, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied designs and manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems for customers around the world. Customers turn to Daikin with confidence that they will experience outstanding performance, reliability and energy efficiency.
Led by the principles of people-centered management, Daikin employees have unlimited potential to influence the business. For years, we've redefined HVAC technology, innovating and pushing to never settle. Together with our customers, we're delivering the solutions to reach new heights of success.
Daikin Applied, formerly Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry-leading innovations and technology. Our award-winning Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air-cooled chillers and Intelligent Equipment set new standards for efficiency and value for building owners. Also, our extensive water source heat pump and applied technologies, aftermarket service, and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly. Daikin Applied equipment, solutions and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service, and parts offices.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with more than 67,000 employees worldwide and revenues in excess of $17 billion in 2016 with nearly 30% of that coming from the U.S. In the Americas we have a strong position in the global portfolio, and the credibility and confidence of Daikin Industries' leaders who are fueling our future with investment.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.