Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, our Strategy, Finance, and Operations team works to provide strategic direction to the company, ensuring that everything we do is viable and built to last. Overseeing and safeguarding Novo Nordisk's short and long-term planning, the Strategy, Finance and Operations team works closely with the business across the organization to develop strategies and business plans, monitor industry trends, and provide operating recommendations. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, provide commercial insights & analytics, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
This position is responsible for promoting the utilization of the Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI) Procurement Methodology through Category Management and Strategic Sourcing activities. This position will ensure the acquisition of high-quality goods/services at the best possible value by negotiating and monitoring contracts and relationships with selected suppliers. Will be responsible for ensuring that NNI realizes increased investment efficiency of monies spent and ensures fair value and service accountability. Identifies opportunities for operational improvements and seeks agreement through consensus management.
This position will report directly to the Associate Director, Procurement and will interact with all budget managers and key suppliers of goods/services. The individual will collaborate with members of the specified function team, in addition to other internal stakeholders within the organization, including those in Corporate Procurement, HQ as applicable. This position will have indirect oversight for others in the NNI Procurement group and may additionally delegate tasks to assigned project team members, including NNI staff and/or interns.
- Benchmarks operational costs to industry standards
- Identifies, establishes, designs and shares best practices
- Leverages knowledge of the industry and line of business to identify and incorporate procurement trends and best practices into strategies and tactics
- Collaborates with others, to ensure they are involved in and can influence the decisions and plans that affect them
- Develops and prepares summary reports and presentations as required
- Seeks out, builds and maintains trusting and collaborative relationships and alliances with others inside and outside of the organization in ways that accomplish key business objectives; and helps others do the same
- Supports the novoDSI Supplier Diversity program and promotes the inclusion of diverse suppliers in all sourcing initiatives
- Dialogues with suppliers to ensure optimal relationship with respect to product selection, delivery performance, invoice receipt and timely payment
- Manages and monitors organizational compliance with all established supplier agreements
- Identifies, pursues and maximizes opportunities for realizing cost savings without sacrificing the quality, service and reliability expected of our suppliers
- Assists the Line of Business and/or Enabling Functions with developing business requirements across a specific category/sub-category
- Communicates to Line of Business approved suppliers per category
- Develops supplier selection criteria and facilitate team members through a disciplined strategic sourcing process focused on maximizing total value
- Establishes, directs and leads cross-functional teams in various sourcing categories to identify, select, negotiate, establish and source preferred supplier contracts, agreements, leases, supplies and services
- Understands broad organizational perspectives and delivers messages and presentation to various stakeholders to gain consensus for strategic initiatives and ideas, in the face of complexity or disagreement
- Collaborate and dialogue with users on system support and understanding
- Utilizes spend analysis and relevant analytical outputs to support and justify sourcing direction and related activity
- Interfaces with Novo Nordisk Corporate Procurement to promote optimal use of procurement systems and ensure NNI's involvement in global sourcing projects and related efforts
0-10% overnight travel required.
- A Bachelor 's degree required in Business, Finance, Supply Chain or other related area
- Advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 8 years progressively responsible experience in Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Purchasing or relevant business experience is preferred
- At least 5 years of experience sourcing and/or managing categories is preferred
- Previous consulting experience a plus
- Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred
- Ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders is required
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) and/or Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) a plus
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively, complete work in a timely manner and work well with others
- Must possess excellent analytical, organizational, communication, presentation, relationship management and people skills, including coaching others
- Previous multiple sourcing category/group experience is preferred
- Proficient with PCs, Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management Tools
- Experience with Coupa, Tableau and Qlik is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Strategic Sourcing Methodologies, Processes and Purchasing practices
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications..