Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
T-Rex is a rapidly growing technology leader in Cloud, Cybersecurity, Agile-based Systems Integration and Development, and Data Engineering and Analytics. T-Rex seeks creative, hardworking and thoughtful leaders who can join the T-Rex Family and manage a portfolio of Federal Civilian programs and execute growth strategies that lead to the capture of Next Generation Information Technology programs. Our culture is positive, energizing and engaging and we have a track record of rewarding successful leaders.
T-Rex's ongoing success and rapid growth (#23 on the Inc 5000 for the Washington Metropolitan region) in the most cutting-edge technologies is paving the way for our leaders to make their mark in our industry. T-Rex employees are among the smartest in their field and implement innovative technical solutions every day, making it a challenging and rewarding environment. With world class and unique past performance, key personnel, centers of excellence with innovative Intellectual Property, industry partnerships, and committed management, T-Rex is an ideal organization for driven information technology leaders to succeed.
T-Rex Solutions LLC has an opening for a Federal Civilian Business Area Director. We are seeking a growth-and-team-oriented proven leader to direct a $75M+ organization providing mission critical engineering solutions to Federal Civilian customers primarily located in the greater Washington, DC, metropolitan region. The Director will report directly to the Senior Executive Vice President for Federal Civilian Operations and will be responsible for developing and growing a culture of innovative engineering capabilities and excellence, in a business area of over 100+ employees and additional subcontractor resources. The Director is expected to develop and manage the relationship with current and potential customers and business partners while engaging our workforce to deliver flawless performance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and nurture a culture of innovation and engineering capability and excellence
- Engage our employees in support of critical Federal Civilian Agency missions
- Maintain and grow an inclusive culture and working environment
- Develop and implement strategy while building and maintaining a high performing team
- Establish plans and budgets and manage the operational, financial and technical performance of the business area
- Partner with the Business Development team to identify, capture, and win profitable business opportunities
- Increase base by growing organically and promoting T-Rex direct labor on existing programs
- Mentor and cultivate technical and leadership talent to enable business growth
- Business Area Director must demonstrate highly ethical behavior that is conducive to professional growth, employee engagement, and continuous staff development
- Business Area Director will work closely with other business area directors, business operations manager, engineering managers, and Group staff and functional support personnel, and is expected to collaborate across the company and exhibit teamwork to contribute to the T-Rex enterprise success
- Performance Objectives may include:
- Achieve customer delight on program execution
- Meet and or exceed financial objectives to include orders, sales, and profit
- Lead and drive capture of opportunities tied to growth objectives within approved indirect expense budgets
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree and minimum of 12 years' experience leading and winning complex information technology-based solution contracts within the Federal Government. Emphasis is on Cybersecurity, Cloud and Agile-based Systems Integration and Development, and Data Engineering and Analytics
- Experience managing a complex engineering organization / effort, with responsibility for staff development, performance, product delivery, and customer relationships
- Candidate must have the demonstrated ability to lead growth strategies and execution efforts and to collaborate with business development
- Candidate must have a strong track record of organizational leadership and business management, including strong analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Candidate must have demonstrated skills in managing customer requirements and working with customers and partners to deliver those requirements
- Candidate must have the ability to establish solid working relationships with customers, technical staff, managers and peers, to gain internal support and consensus
- Candidate must be able to collaborate with business development personnel to build existing and new business within current customers as well as new customers
- Candidate must have demonstrated skills to shape requirements and develop new business strategies
- Candidate must be able to motivate employees, ensure engagement, and possess outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Candidate must be able to operate independently using solid judgment and without extensive supervision or feedback
- Master's degree in an Engineering, Technology, Management, or Business discipline or a related field is highly desired
- A strong network of both Government and Industry leadership in the Federal Civilian information technology market space
- Active membership in Industry/Government associations
We want to speak with you if you have some or all of the following capabilities:
- You have energy and passion to manage and win contracts over $25M
- You are self-motivated, confident, entrepreneurial, and have the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- You have a hands-on operating style, and desire to roll up your sleeves and \\"teach\\" and \\"mentor\\"
- You simultaneously provide the vision that inspires confidence and motivates team members at all levels to support both performance and growth goals
- Experience with Federal Civilian Agencies is Preferred:
- You have strong relations and mission understanding of the following civilian agency(s) and its contracting base: DHS and VA
- You are able to create and present value propositions that help customers solve their business problems
- You have technical acumen in Cloud, Cybersecurity, Agile-based Systems Integration and Development, and Data Engineering and Analytics
- You possess intellectual strength, have a disruptive thought process, and are creative in developing performance management strategies and capture strategies for new customers
- You have a strategic outlook with the flexibility to respond to changing demands. You consistently think above and beyond the day-to-day responsibilities to understand and focus on the broader corporate strategy
Established in 1999, T-Rex Solutions, LLC is a proven mid-tier business providing data-centric mission services to the Federal government as it increasingly tries to secure and leverage the power of data. We design, integrate, secure, and deploy advanced technical solutions for our customers so they can efficiently fulfill their critical objectives. T-Rex offers both IT and professional services to numerous Federal agencies and is a leader in providing high quality and innovative solutions in the areas of Cloud and Infrastructure Services, Cyber Security, and Big Data Engineering.
T-Rex is constantly seeking qualified people to join our growing team.
T-Rex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.