Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Join our team! First American's Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company s continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com
* Employees supervised are typically escrow positions but can have other support roles reporting in
* May service a market
* Seen as in charge of the branch and is the go-to person for office management and a variety of issues.
* Aligns branch goals with business unit goals. Monitors branch metrics, reporting information to manager and provides recommendations for process / policy change based on branch results
* Maintains existing client base and resolves escalated issues. Answers questions and provides guidance regarding products, services, policies or specific transactions
* Implements processes and supervises the day to day activities of employees responsible for daily operational tasks
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS/TECHNOLOGY USED
* Strong process skills required; detail oriented
* Strong computer skills and knowledge of company operating systems/applications
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Ability to lead/sought out for advice; supervisory and administrative skills
* Able to manage competing priorities
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Familiar with competitor, financial and industry dynamics
* Specialized knowledge in one or more escrow product areas
* Basic accounting/finance skills to be able to understand and interpret financial statements
* Customer Service orientation - responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
* Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
* High School diploma or equivalent
TYPICAL RANGE OF EXPERIENCE
* 6+ years of directly related experience
* 3-5 years demonstrated experience in a leadership or management role
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers..