Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
SENIOR BUSINESS INSIGHTS ANALYST
Job ID: 2020-26010
Location: 1111 Stewart Ave, Bethpage, NY 11714
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
This is an opportunity to be a member of Altice USA s Business Insights Group, which is responsible for the organization s data use and analysis. The position s job is to lead design, execute and direct data engineering solutions including data extraction and data manipulation. The role will involve translating business objectives into data and analytics solutions using appropriate data engineering, analytics, and visualization and dashboard applications. The lead developer will support the Business Insights Group in extending and innovating our big data and analytic capabilities. They will assist the Business Insights Group and business units with data validations, data extractions, and analysis of large and complex datasets.
The position will connect key users to data both within the department and across the organization and will entail significant daily interactions of all levels of personnel, including VPs, Managers, Developers, Project Managers, and external consultants.
Additionally, the person in this role will be part of a team responsible for data analysis and ETL development in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) (installation, configuration and tuning) and support administration and thus provide continuous and quality BI service to the Altice B2B organization. The person in this position should possess strong knowledge of Python scripting, Shell scripting, Talend ETL tool, data modeling, relational databases, SQL scripting and SQL tuning.
* Develop and/or implement tools for data acquisition, extraction, transformation, management, and manipulation of large and complex data sets from various technology sources, structured and unstructured
* Work with business units to explore, model, mine and experiment with data to answer critical business issues
* Work with the Analytics Group and business unit analysts to define data requirements and plan data acquisition
* Assist their Manager/Director and entire BI Data team in designing and implementing the data architecture, analytics, environment, and best practices for analyzing large or complex data sets
* Develop and maintain applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems on a timely basis, including system design, coding, testing, installation, documentation and post-installation audits, all performed in accordance with established standards.
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience and technical training, is required
* 3+ years experience in data warehousing development, large scale data acquisition, transformation, and cleaning, both structured and unstructured data
* ETL tool experience of Talend or Informatica is required.
* Experience working with cloud based technologies like Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
* SQL scripting expertise and data modeling experience including competencies in database architectures such as relative, star and snowflake schemas.
* Experience with data warehousing technologies (e.g. Oracle, Netezza, Teradata, MS SQL Server, Vertica, MySQL) and demonstrate ability to write complex queries with efficiencies in optimization
* Programming language and operating system expertise, Python (strongly preferred), UNIX shell(strongly preferred), Java, C++, Perl or XML (nice to have)
* Experience with Business Intelligence tools (e.g. MicroStrategy, Tableau, Business Objects, Qlikview, Tibco Spotfire) a plus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must with the ability to present to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Highly detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to multi-task and work in a very fast paced environment
* Understanding of OLAP business intelligence applications ; experience with integration of complex data sets and able to derive conclusions
* Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills, including mapping of business need or issue to development of application requirements or procedural initiatives
* Strong understanding of reporting and database environments, processes, ad associated applications
* Well-developed knowledge of operational systems, processes and activities
* Proven ability to ensure effective forms of documentation essential for support of overall technical and user needs
* Ability to collaborate with people at all levels ; experience in leading business users, and data analysts in data requirements gathering exercises is a plus
* Experience in leading projects and team mentoring
* Experience in full project lifecycle including all stages of design, development and implementation of custom applications as well as the deployment of packaged solutions
* Experience in JIRA and/or Scrum technologies is a plus
* Telecom experience is plus
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.