Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Department of Public Health Sciences is a large, complex teaching and research department in the UC Davis School of Medicine. Our mission is to improve the health of people through population-based approaches by carrying out educational programs, epidemiological research, public service and policy development.
Final Filing Date : 11/29/20
Salary Range : $28.17 to $45.29
Salary Frequency : Hourly
Appointment Type : Career
Percentage of Time : 100%
Shift Hour : Varied
Location : Central Valley-Varied Locations
City : Central Valley
Union Representation : Yes
Benefits Eligible : Yes
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
This is a full-time, career position with an end date for funding purposes only of 02/28/2022. Under the supervision of the Academic Program Management Officer and the Laboratory Research Supervisor-2, the Lab Assistant II will provide laboratory support to the ORALE COVID-19! Study: Organizaciones para Reducir, Avanzar y Lograr Equidad contra el COVID-19 (Organizations to Reduce, and to Advance, and Lead for Equity against COVID-19). This position requires handling, processing, and managing of biospecimen samples for COVID-19 testing and performing CLIA waived COVID-19 testing. This ORALE study supports a COVID-19 mobile testing unit, located in two vans, that will rotate locations throughout the Central Valley of California. This position will perform sample processing within the mobile vans, and oversight of sample storage and shipping for follow-up analyses. This position will be located in the Central Valley of California. The Lab Supervisor 2 will provide direction of daily tasks.
* Significant experience processing biological specimens in a laboratory or conducing other laboratory work that requires attention to detail, labeling, and measurement of materials.
* Experience following office and research protocol(s).
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to learn other computer programs.
* Experience processing safe handling, transport, and processing of biological specimens.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy sufficient to maintain participant files and databases on a large number of study participants.
* Skills and ability to travel to various work locations to attend department or study meetings or participate in special projects, training, etc.
* Skills and ability to drive up to mobile clinic locations within the Central Valley.
* Bachelor s degree in medical technology, laboratory science, chemical, physical, or biological science.
* Ability to make various reagents and effectively use a micropipettor or other laboratory tools.
* Fluency in Spanish language (reading, writing and oral communication) is highly preferred
* Completion of IRB Human Subjects training and HIPAA trainings (Must be completed within 30 days of hire).
* Must have a California driver s license or be eligible to obtain a California driver s license by position start date.
* Frequent evening and/or weekend shifts and occasional overtime.
* Valid California Driver s License. Must participate in the DMV Pull Notice Program.
* Regular travel throughout the Central Valley and Sacramento regions will be required.
* Must be able to drive to transport samples in either a UC provided vehicle or personal vehicle
* (mileage reimbursement will be provided).
This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy