Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Lead Maintenance Technician to:
· Serve as a point of contact for UW Health at The American Center and all departments that require service. Also, train new staff and provide ongoing training for existing staff.
· Assign and monitor the progress of the Maintenance Technicians’ and Contractors’ work and provide guidance to them.
· Be highly customer focused, responsive, and extremely reliable. UW Health at The American Center operation requires quick responses to system and equipment failures.
Minimum – High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred – Two-year technical diploma
Minimum – Four-year mechanical maintenance experience or formal training
Preferred – Four-year mechanical maintenance experience or formal training in a healthcare setting
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum – Successful completion of designated apprenticeship program, Senior Mechanic or Building Operators Certification within 12 months of hire.
If position requires driving a company vehicle, the following requirements apply:
· Must be 21 years of age to drive a UW Health Fleet vehicle and must be 25 years of age to drive a UW Health vehicle rated for 15 or more passengers.
· Ability to be insured by Hospital’s risk management insurer which requires (1) a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License and (2) successfully passing a driving background check.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
· Valid driver’s license.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, and mechanical drawings.
· Familiarity with the operation of maintenance related tolls and equipment.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications.
· Possession of good customer service skills.
· Strong working knowledge of HVAC controls and control systems.
· Strong working knowledge of preventive maintenance procedures.
· Knowledge of air balancing requirements.
Heavy: Ability to lift up to 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
100% FTE, 40 hours per week. Scheduled shifts are typically 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
UW Health at The American Center – on Madison’s east side – is UW Health’s newest hospital and one of the most advanced hospitals and wellness centers in the country. Here, health care is seen as a holistic endeavor where our mission is to not only diagnose and treat you when you’re sick, but also to partner with you in health and wellness.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.