Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Versar Inc. is seeking an Electronics Security System (ESS) Technician II to work at our Germantown, MD location.
In this position the candidate will install, test, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and upgrade physical and electronic security systems. The candidate will be required to lift large and heavy objects (up to 75 lbs.), perform physical work such as pulling cables, climbing ladders and working outdoors for extended periods of time. The candidate will install panels, bend piping/conduit, perform system wiring of both low and high voltage power, and perform connection of both copper and fiber optics. Candidate may assist in programming/configuring security software applications.
- Lenel Certification
- Hirsch Access Control and Security System Certification
- Four (4) years of practical experience, to include: Integrated Electronic Security System (IESS) installation, electronics repair, maintenance, testing, and turnover.
- Must have previous experience with electronic and physical security systems and Video Management systems such as CCure, Lenel, AMAG, and Hirsch.
- Must have experience in system installations, cable dressing, making/repairing connectors, connecting electrical power, rigid and EMT conduit installation including conduit bending, and fiber optics cable installation and termination.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and/or have the ability to acquire a Government issued security clearance.
Versar, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Versar does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law