Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, our Strategy, Finance, and Operations team works to provide strategic direction to the company, ensuring that everything we do is viable and built to last. Overseeing and safeguarding Novo Nordisk's short and long-term planning, the Strategy, Finance and Operations team works closely with the business across the organization to develop strategies and business plans, monitor industry trends, and provide operating recommendations. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, provide commercial insights & analytics, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
The Senior Application Architect is responsible for support and implementing technology capabilities to enable end-to-end patient campaigns that can maximize business impacts with functional components that are optimized for performance and operation and are robust in handling unexpected technical issues. The Senior Application Architect collaborates with healthcare professional (HCP) and Patient Application Architects, Campaign Operation and Brand Teams to identify new campaign capabilities, provide technical solutions including upstream and downstream changes and support Release Manager, system development and testing teams to implement the solution using Agile methodology. In cases of critical production issues, the Senior Application Architect is responsible for leading issue triaging, root cause analysis, solution design and implementation until issue is resolved.
Reports to the Associate Director of Business Applications for Integrated Campaign Management system. The position interacts with multiple Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI) internal functions, such as Campaign Operations, Brand Managers, IT Operations, GBS as well as external vendors and agencies supporting various campaign system components.
- Work with Campaign Planners collaboratively to strategizing solutions for new campaigns and identify high level business capabilities, identifies issues, opportunities for future roadmap
- Identify all technical capabilities required to enable new campaigns and achieve required key performance indicator (KPI)
- Serve as a subject matter expert and lead the component and data architecture design of Patient campaign applications
- Conduct necessary data profiling and modeling to optimize data flows from patients through all system touch points
- Estimate volume of campaign transactions and required system capacity in all components to ensure system performance
- Ensures solution integrity through the use of best practices when developing business solutions
- Leverages understanding of Novo Nordisk functions to identify dependencies across system components and ensure the needs and requirements are translated into innovative business solutions for the new campaigns that are creative, thorough and robust
- Collaborate with on-site and offshore technical resources to elicit business requirements, lead technical design sessions with all system technical leads, provide guidance on best design practices as well as critical business test scenarios and test data preparation to build the solution right
- Review all SDLC documents associated with the new functionality and ensure related documentation quality process is accomplished
- Collaborate with Line of Business (LoB) to plan and release new functionality as scheduled
- Monitor new campaign performance and system process until campaign is stabilized and reached the expected KPI
- Monitor all system component utilizations and address unexpected capacity growth
- Ensure source code and version control process is followed by all teams during implementation
- Participate in all design and code reviews and provide guidance in best coding practice that's easy to implement and support
- Review and monitor user access in all AWS components to ensure consistent naming convention and enforce password policy for both user and service accounts
- Provide guidance when handling a difficult incident and ensure team members understand the business impacts and react accordingly
- Train and coach less experienced team members to build up team capabilities
- For major defect fix, establish implementation plan for all participating team members and manage daily stand up meeting to track progress and remove barriers for the team
- Follow Change Management process to submit and review all patient related change requests, conduct pre-analysis and work with Release Manager to prioritize and detail analysis that can be realistically committed for delivery
- Serve as point of contact for LoB on all patient related technical needs
- Collaborate with all external vendors to implement necessary interfaces for data/file exchange
- Maintain the integrity of data in the Patient Campaign Management Platform for incoming registrations, engagements and email address and deliverability using dashboards and tools to identify issues
- Foster and develop an environment of open and honest communication to build strong partnerships on all patient campaigns related stakeholder and a positive perception of IT
- Utilize knowledge and experiences of system development lifecycle to anticipate potential barriers, provide solutions and ensure the successful completion of new campaigns
- Ensure responsibilities are appropriately assigned across all teams and ensure that each team member is contributing in accordance to their commitments and the goals of the new solution
- Define standards and metrics for quality and stakeholder satisfaction and monitor data to improve service levels
- Proactively monitors all patient campaign related components and processes to ensure compliance with SOP, audit and industry best practices
0-10% overnight travel required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or another related field required. Solid relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirements if appropriate
- Advanced degree and additional related certifications preferred
- A minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible Computer Science, IT, programming/systems analysis or other related experience is required
- Project lead experience is required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical or life sciences industry is preferred
- Experiences in full life cycle of software development is required
- Demonstrated competency in managing complex applications with multiple interacting system components is preferred
- Experience in applying systematic and rigorous analytics methods to improve business processes and the enabling applications is preferred
- Experiences in agile development and testing are preferred
- Cross-functional team lead experience preferred
- Self-sufficiency and ability to query the database, identify issues/gaps, and proactively investigate and escalate issues with proposed solutions are required
- Direct experience with SQL andAdobe Campaign are required
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications..