Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we're committed to building the best Ethics, Compliance and Privacy (ECP) team in the pharmaceutical industry. Operating at the highest ethical standards and ensuring adherence to corporate and legal regulations, this team is constantly called upon to design and implement creative solutions to complex issues. From training on new procedures, to auditing against local and corporate policies, to reporting compliance-related issues, ECPkeeps us accountable every step of the way as we develop life-changing therapies and bring them to market. At Novo Nordisk, you will be part of a company respected equally for its financial results and its business ethics. Are you ready to make a difference?
This position manages and supports the development of the Ethics, Compliance & Privacy (ECP) Department operational plan. The position manages key activities that support the entire department, including driving the Issue Management function, supporting operational technology projects, and other projects and responsibilities aligned to the operational plan and department strategy. This position also leads projects aligned with the overall execution of the ECP strategy across functions and organizational lines as requested by department leadership.
Reports to the Director, Ethics, Compliance & Privacy (ECP) Strategy & Operations. Works closely with Ethics & Compliance Leadership (ECLT). Closely collaborates with NNI's in-house legal counsel and leaders across lines of business. Supports affiliates (e.g. NNCI, NNRC, USPS), global teams (e.g. BECO), and Global Business Support in Bangalore. External relationships include vendors, outside counsel, industry peers, and government agencies.
- Supports the Director, Ethics, Compliance & Privacy Strategy & Operations in facilitating and raising awareness of the Ethics & Compliance program, fostering a culture of ethics & compliance throughout Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI)
- Develops and leads the processes and systems related to issue management, including triage, tracking, mitigation, and close-out; as well as associated process development, improvement, automation, and technology projects
- Leads special projects and project teams as part of the E&C operations function, aligned to departmental strategy, initiatives, and/or risk response
- Identifies, leads, and executes Operational projects, including leading project teams consisting of Operations and cross-functional employees
- Maintains understanding of laws and regulations, enforcement actions and evolving practices relevant to pharmaceutical ethics & compliance and proposes updates to Ethics & Compliance program as appropriate
- Actively works to identify, analyze, and mitigate potential business ethics risks to the organization
- Informs management of ethics & compliance issues in a timely manner, while encouraging the flow of information between colleagues and lines of business
- Provides support to North American affiliates
- Additional responsibilities with department or operational impact as assigned
0-10% overnight travel required.
- A Bachelor 's degree from an accredited institution required, additional education/certification within the compliance and healthcare related fields is preferred
- A minimum of 8 years combined pharmaceutical, legal, regulatory, and compliance experience required OR a minimum of 6 years' experience required if accompanied by an advanced degree or certification (e.g. MBA, JD, PMP)
- Experience working under a government agreement (e.g., CIA, DPA, Consent Decree) preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, Food & Drug Administration (FDA) rules and regulations regarding the promotion of pharmaceuticals, government corporate integrity agreements and/or other prosecution agreements with other pharmaceutical companies, PhRMA and federal and state aggregate spend reporting requirements required
- Ability to drive multiple projects to completion meeting internal and external deliverables with high degree of accuracy
- Uncompromising ethics and high standard of personal integrity
- Ability to work proactively and independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to think objectively and use sound reasoning principles
- Builds and maintains strategic relations with internal and external stakeholders
- Project management and cross-functional project leadership experience preferred
- Experience with metrics and/or dashboard development and associated systems (e.g., Tableau, Qlik) is a plus
- Experience establishing and enhancing cross-functional processes
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications..