Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Job Title: Electrical Engineer- TEMP
Location: Chelmsford, MA
Manager's job title: Engineering Director
* Sustaining engineering position to update existing products due to component end of life and or component quality issues
* Participates in the development and/or improvement of existing products for design change, cost reductions, warranty improvements, and manufacturability
* Conducts engineering qualification tests on the product to validate new changes
* Handles multiple complex or multi-activity tasks simultaneously
* Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
* Minimum 3 years of experience in product design or engineering experience. Advanced skills, additional education and exceptional performance may alter this requirement
* System level design experience, including circuit breaker, VFD and control selection
* Experience with electrical schematics, wire diagrams, parts database structures, BOM structures, and engineering change management
* Experience in the fields of electrical component selection (120 480 V AC), electro-mechanical design and cable design
* Knowledge of manufacturing processes and limitations to assure conformance of design and fabrication of product
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, good written and oral communications skills, flexibility and adaptability to changing situations
* Ability to work independently on small projects
* High attention to detail and solid organizational skills
* Experience with EMC design techniques
* Experience designing for regulatory compliance of UL, CE, SEMI, and other global standards
* Preferred experience with design packages such as Altium Designer, OrCAD
* Familiarity with Analog, digital and mixed signal design
This role sits within Edwards Vacuum, the CTIP Product company in Chelmsford which is part of the newly formed Semi Chamber Solutions Division within Atlas Copco s Vacuum Technique business area. It provides a complete range of Equipment and value-added services for customers in a range of applications & processes, depending on the market. The customers vary from very large global accounts to small diffuse customers. The division provides products under the Edwards brands..
Atlas Copco Rental LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment related decisions because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual preference, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Job promotions at Atlas Copco will be based on such factors as quality of work, prior job performance, attendance, safety record, and ability to work well with others.
Accessibility Notice: If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or call 973-397-3400. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.