Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
* We are looking for a warm and welcoming RN to join our team and deliver compassionate care to patients.
* This position is located in Memorial Hospital's Oncology & Infusion specialty practice, and involves both ambulatory functions and infusion services. Key duties include managing the oral chemotherapy program, rooming patients/charting, triage phone, performing non-chemotherapy transfusions, chemotherapy transfusions, and working with provider on developing ongoing survivorship program.
* The Registered Nurse (RN) works under the direction of a provider and participates in oncology & infusion patient care by performing clinical duties, responding to patient telephone and secure electronic message inquiries, and coordinating care in the medical home and across the continuum of care.
* This is a full time, 40-hour per week position. Weekend rotation every 6th weekend as needed.
* The ideal candidate has prior oncology experience and a chemo/biotherapy certification (ONC) or ability to become certified within one year of hire.
REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
* EDUCATION: Nursing degree preferred.
* LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS: Active State of NH or Compact nursing license. Current BCLS required.
* EXPERIENCE: Minimum two years' experience as a critical care RN. Prior oncology/infusion experience preferred.
* Knowledge of nursing processes; health care systems, structure and functions; and community resources
* Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation requirements and federal/state laws related to release of health care information
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff - including strong listening skills
* Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination
* Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections and measure results
* Ability to respond the changing workload based on patient census
* Ability to maintain professional manner even under stressful situations
* Proficient computer skills
* Epic EMR experience preferred
For more information on career opportunities at Memorial Hospital, contact Beth Carpenter, Senior Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 356-4939.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.