Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
EBSCO Health is part of EBSCO Information Services (EIS), a division of EBSCO Industries Inc. EIS provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases - all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow.
We are seeking a clinician with expertise in pediatric critical care medicine or pediatric hospital medicine for the role of Specialty Content Physician Editor - Pediatrics. The Editor will work under the direction of the Deputy Editor for Pediatrics and will be responsible for providing clinical oversight for the development and maintenance of content created by in-house Medical Writers. The Editor will also recruit and retain a network of external physician editors and peer reviewers. Editorial work requires a 25-50%-time commitment and can be completed remotely, with periodic travel to the office in Ipswich, MA.
- Medical degree (MD, DO, or equivalent) with license/certification current and in good standing
- Specialty board certification in Pediatrics in good standing
- At least 5 years of direct patient care experience in pediatric critical care medicine or pediatric hospital medicine
- Ongoing participation in clinical activity
- At least 2 years of experience with MS Office Suite including Word (with use of track changes) and Excel
- Breadth and depth of knowledge in the field as demonstrated by clinical leadership roles, teaching, research, or a publication track record
- Critical appraisal and statistical skills sufficient to analyze clinical relevance of all study types
- Previous experience with developing treatment and/or diagnostic algorithms
- 2 years of experience as team leader or project leader
- Knowledge of PubMed searching strategies
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law..