Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
New Product Development Engineer I
Summary: Designs and develops new products and product improvements by performing the following duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mechanical Engineering Bachelor's degree
- 0-2 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires detailed knowledge of engineering, preferably in the HVAC industry.
- PC skills including Microsoft office applications.
- Basic skills with CAD applications, a plus.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope.
- Under supervision, gives limited advice and analyzes information within a specific function for others within the organization.
- Under the close guidance of experienced engineers, evaluates, analyzes, and makes recommendations on products, designs, and cost improvements to improve the competitive position of the company.
- Procures materials needed to construct prototypes and participates in the design engineering of new models.
- Supports the planning and development of test programs for prototypes.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if designs meet functional and performance specifications.
- Assists in analyzing, evaluating, sourcing, and coordination of the procurement of new materials to support model changes.
- With direction, analyzes, evaluates, and recommends cost improvement ideas through product, vendor, and design changes.
- Performs technical analysis of competitive products.
- Provides support to sales and marketing on product presentations and customer literature.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
- Design - Generates creative solutions. Translates concepts and information into images. Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Interpersonal - Treats people with respect. Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Undertakes self-development activities. Seeks increased responsibilities. Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
About Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry leading innovations and technology. Our Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air cooled chillers and SmartSource WSHP compete among the most efficient products in the market. Also, our extensive aftermarket service and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2019 revenues in excess of $22.6 billion and more than 77,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employment: It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
#LI-CA1 Carol Altshuler