Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
It's an exciting time at PAC Worldwide
With the rise in e-commerce, it's a great time to be in the essential industry of flexible packaging! Our packaging is used in the delivery of goods such as books, gifts, parts, paperwork, medicine, household items, clothing, food and more. PAC Worldwide is experiencing tremendous growth and we are proud to provide good, stable jobs in safe environments.
From competitive benefits, to our employee-first company values, we are committed to investing in the people we care about. We now have a formal program for team members to move up in their roles, as well as opportunities to share in PAC's growth. We invite you to learn more!
The Shift Supervisor supervises and develops production personnel on shift in performing operations according to sound operating principles and company policies and procedures with integrity and ethical behaviors to meet established performance goals.
This is a Day Shift Supervisor position in a 24/7 continuous run facility.
Day shift hours are 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
12 hour rotating shifts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and develops among assigned personnel, a consciousness for the need for teamwork to attain department objectives and to meet established performance goals.
- Directs personnel in the staging of materials and supplies against quantities ordered and quality of specifications and advises planning department of deviations.
- Reviews daily production schedule for the department to plan work and personnel assignments for the shift and clearly delegates both routine and important tasks and decisions to others in the department.
- Reports promptly to department managers and production planning department when delays occur, estimates time of delay and when operations will be resumed.
- Anticipates and determines causes of delays in shift operations and takes appropriate action to meet schedule completion.
- Motivates others, creates a climate in which people want to do their best, and invites input from others.
- Maintains good housekeeping and follows all safety policies in the department.
- Prepares required attendance/absence forms for shift or leave requests for department manager's approval.
- Maintains approachability with all employees at all levels. Builds rapport and is sensitive to the anxieties of others.
- Conducts introductory and annual performance reviews of each department employee and recommends performance increases, retraining, transfer, or termination.
- Conducts oneself ethically and in compliance with all company employee relations policies in all dealings with employees while upholding company values.
- Reviews scrap (Erema) at the end of each shift and authorizes rework of rolls or scrapping of materials.
- Empowers others to study operations where cost standards are not being met, communicates the bigger picture and encourages employees to determine causes and to apply corrective measures.
- Contacts other departments such as engineering and maintenance for required repair work on shift and forwards for time and materials used.
- Interviews applicants for department jobs and recommends the best candidates to HR for hiring. With department trainer and safety committee member, conducts orientation of new hires and their safety training on shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: yes (20-60 production personnel)
- Machine Operators Levels I, II, III & Leads
- Machine Packers
- Maintenance Technicians (indirectly - reports to another department)
- Material Handlers (indirectly - reports to another department)
- QA Techs (indirectly - reports to another department)
- Must have strong personal leadership and communication abilities.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail, problem solving and follow-up with a strong sense of urgency and time management skills
* Competitive hourly wage
* Bonus opportunities for obtaining production/safety/quality goals, maintaining perfect attendance, anniversary appreciation, and more
* Medical, dental, and vision with employer contributions to premiums and healthcare spending or reimbursement
* Employer-paid disability and life insurance, with additional voluntary options
* 401K plan eligibility on day 1 of employment, with a generous match after 6 months
* Three weeks of paid time off within the first year
* Paid holidays as of day 1
* Perks and discounts for local and national retailers and organizations
* Continuous training and professional development opportunities
* Consistent opportunities for overtime.
PAC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.