Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Product Manager - AppSec (Fortify)
Micro Focus Fortify is the industry-leading provider of Application Security solutions that empowers organizations to develop secure software. Fortify offers a comprehensive portfolio of application security solutions with a focus on enabling the CI/CD process and accelerating DevSecOps.
Fortify is at the cutting edge of Micro Focus's Security portfolio, and we are looking for a technical product manager to join our team. In this position, you will drive the product development for Fortify Static Code Analyzer (SCA), the industry's most powerful Static Application Security Testing (SAST) technology.
Fortify SAST Product Manager Responsibilities:
- Define requirements, create features/user stories and manage product backlog in close partnership with Fortify product management, engineering and research teams
- Drive customer success by working closely with escalation, support and sales engineers to solve customer pain points
- Develop intimate hands-on knowledge of performing static code analysis using Fortify SCA to drive a developer-friendly product user experience (UX)
- Create engaging technical content (videos, demos, etc) that highlights new product features and capabilities
- Partner with the Senior SAST Product Manager to help define the Fortify SAST product roadmap
- Understand trends in the application security, DevSecOps and modern software development markets and recommend product enhancements
- Wakes up every morning and ask themselves, "What can we do today that changes the game?"
- Future ability for limited travel
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
Experience and Skills Desired:
- ~5 years experience in software development with intimate knowledge of modern CI/CD and automation
- Experience with modern software development processes, tooling, architectures, languages and technologies (cloud native, containers, microservices, infrastructure-as-code, serverless functions, etc.)
- Experience performing Static Application Security Testing (SAST) and triaging/remediating security vulnerabilities in code
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience in product management, support, or customer-facing role(s) a plus
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status