Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Part Time
# of Openings
Area of Interest
Elderwood Village at Fairport
Fri, Sat, Monday 1030a-430p
Join Our Team
Join our strong and growing company today!
Are you looking to further your career with a company that cares about YOU? Are you a highly motivated individual that can create a supportive & nurturing environment for our Seniors? We are looking for a compassionate and qualified Activities Assistant who has a passion for caring about our Residents. Does this sound like the perfect fit? You're in the right place! It's time for you to love your job and work for a company that cares about you!
Elderwood Village at Greece is searching for a dedicated and compassionate qualified Activities Assistant with a desire to care for our beloved residents. Our growing team just keeps getting bigger, the only thing that is missing is you!
Who is Elderwood Village at Fairport?
Elderwood Village at Fairport is one of our newest Assisted Living Facilities, providing excellent care to the Elderly population of Fairport, NY.
Activity Assistant Position Overview:
- An active social life is an essential aspect of life at Elderwood. Our activities leaders conduct enjoyable recreation programs that keep residents energized, engaged and mentally stimulated.
- Part time
- Fri, Sat, Mon 1030a-430p
Activities Assistant Duties:
- Assists the Director Activities in planning and carrying out the activity program.
- Approaches residents on assigned unit to plan individual recreational and social activities; reports to Director Activities about response and cooperation of resident.
- Prepares resident information for use by the Director Activities in care planning and documentation; writes progress notes as assigned.
- Assists in developing and maintaining good contact with community resources for the betterment of the activities program.
- Responsible for maintaining departmental inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Maintains attendance records and prepares other reports as required.
- Utilizes assistance of volunteers with planned programs.
- Performs in-service programs of the facility.
- Does light housekeeping tasks in the Activity Room (cleaning refrigerator, sink, stove, tables) on a daily basis, and assists with maintaining the general esthetic appearance of the activity areas.
- Maintains bulletin board displays on the nursing unit and in the Activities Room area.
- Prepares daily broadcasting script.
- Transfers/secures residents into van for outside travel programs; drives van or other vehicle for outside activity programs.
- Attends Employee Council meetings and departmental meetings.
- Generate and develop ideas, which improve the quality of care for residents or increase job productivity and satisfaction.
- Performs all job duties according to safety rules and practices required for this job position, and as required to ensure the general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this facility
- Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence standards and goals established for this job position, and for all staff members of this facility.
- Exhibits the highest level of customer service towards residents, families, visitors and co-workers.
- Performs other work duties as assigned by Directory Activities
Activities Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma required.
- Ability to relate and enjoy working with residents required.
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents necessary.
- Ability to develop good relationships with staff, volunteers, families and visitors required.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing required.
- Ability to inspire and motivate others, create a warm and accepting climate for residents and be able to adapt and modify activities to meet their needs required.
- Maturity, stability and willingness to accept responsibility necessary.
- Understanding of the rights and needs of residents required.
- Physical stamina for constant activity required.
Elderwood Village at Fairport is a senior living community located within the greater Rochester area. Come meet our great residents, and friendly, supportive staff with established and welcoming leadership!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.